New Toy!

J-Madd

New Toy!

Post by J-Madd »

I've been playing around with some new implements, i.e., steel clubs and maces. So far I'm really liking them. I bought a loadable steel mace (full of BBs it's thirty pounds) last weekend at a BJJ tournament. This thing is a contemptuous and cruel beast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2e9OOeYkjA.

Barkadion

Re: New Toy!

Post by Barkadion »

Looks great. You can go barbarian with this one :)

"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

I own 3x clubbells. I have a 2x 15lb and 1x 25lb. I actually went through a period where they were my main method of training outside of designated military PT.

I had very strong forearms and they actually kept me in reasonable shape along with all the army based PT sessions.

Like with most things it's fun to add into the toolbox now and then. I bought the cool aid and dropped all barbell work when I first used them. It was definitely not the best approach. I just went and did the same with some ring training and I can wait to get back under the bar again.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Maxrip13 wrote:I own 3x clubbells. I have a 2x 15lb and 1x 25lb. I actually went through a period where they were my main method of training outside of designated military PT.

I had very strong forearms and they actually kept me in reasonable shape along with all the army based PT sessions.

Like with most things it's fun to add into the toolbox now and then. I bought the cool aid and dropped all barbell work when I first used them. It was definitely not the best approach. I just went and did the same with some ring training and I can wait to get back under the bar again.
I have the 30lb (loadable) mace in the video, a 15lb mace, a 25lb club, and a 45lb club (which is a real load). I really like playing with them, but they are definitely not a "main event." Super beneficial, especially for a grappler, but they are not going even to approach barbell for developing absolute strength.

travman

Post by travman »

What about a loadable sledge hammer? The SISU from Rogue? Could it double as sledgehammer and a mace?