Our Moderators - A Quick Intro

New? Start Here
K.B.
Site Admin

Our Moderators - A Quick Intro

Post by K.B. »

TB'ers,

This is a relatively new community, so I wanted to give you a quick brief on our Mods. Some of you already know them, for others here they are:

Lennarn:
Our social media muscle from Norway. This forum wouldn't exist without him plain and simple. Lennarn was the member that created r/tacticalbarbell on Reddit. His forum drew in a wide range of TB'ers from all walks of life which created a wealth of knowledge and new approaches. R/tacticalbarbell is still active and contains a ton of informative posts. This forum is pretty much an extension of the sub, to allow members to log and post in a more traditional setting.

J-Madd:
Needs no introduction. A published scholar and Professor of Philosophy. Better known as that guy that does Apex with the Beast - and makes the rest of us look bad. Last October he squatted 400lbs raw on Saturday and ran a half marathon on Sunday. He's contributed numerous must-read articles which can be found on the main site. No doubt in a previous life he was sitting around the fire with the Athenians or Spartans, discussing training and the meaning of it all.

Grouchyjarhead:
Our newest mod. His resume speaks for itself: 19 years combined of US military and LE experience. 14 years martial arts experience, amateur strongman and powerlifting competitor. He even has a couple GoRucks under his belt with more to come. His contributions to r/tacticalbarbell and this forum have been invaluable. I've used many of his suggestions to modify my own training. He has a very thorough understanding of tactical fitness and what it takes to be a multi-skilled athlete. You can read his newest article "Incentive Training" here: http://tacticalbarbell.com/forum/viewto ... f=16&t=220

Fffrmaz aka Chris Adams
Chris is a firefighter with over 15 years of service with the Salt River FD in Arizona. Throw on 50-80lbs of gear, restrict your breathing, run up several flights of stairs - add in a dose or three of adrenaline... and you might get an idea of why firefighters need to be at the top of their game physically. In addition to his regular duties, he assists other firefighters with strength & conditioning. He's had the opportunity to program the training for 9 Fire Academies. In addition to being an IAFF PEER fitness (ACE) certified trainer for Salt River FD, he holds a variety of certifications, including Crossfit coach, and Conditioning Coach by Joel Jamieson.

Tym87

Re: Our Moderators - A Quick Intro

Post by Tym87 »

Awesome. The dream team.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Great group of pro people! :!:
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

I'm very glad to see Grouchyjarhead on board. Each time he posts I feel like my IQ increases a bit.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

J-Madd wrote:I'm very glad to see Grouchyjarhead on board. Each time he posts I feel like my IQ increases a bit.
Once I tell some of my jokes though, you may feel the reverse...

TBPenguin

Post by TBPenguin »

I really appreciate the way the forum is running, thanks to all of you for your contributions and ongoing efforts.