Thank you K.B! (PR inside)

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Stefan Olsson

Thank you K.B! (PR inside)

Post by Stefan Olsson »

As a runner, on amateurish level, I did have quite of running under my belt prior to starting TB. Few half marathons and a handful of trail/mud races.

Did a BB block to begin with in january, but did not push it, rather did the minimum for the E´s. Began Op+Black and started to get familiar with HIC´s for the fist time in my life. It was a fun way do conditioning aside from covering miles on the street/trails that usually was my go to. Fell in love with Devils trinity as I use to train thaiboxning back in the days. Liked the simplicity in Fobbit and occasional indoor power intervals. Started at basic level and increased where I could.

fast forward til today. For the first time in a long time a decided to run outside, and did fast 5 tempo run. Did a trail run. Moderate difficulty. It was quite tough, I guesstimate it was a 85-90% effort. Could not keep a conversation, but did not suffocate either.
As I came near the 5km mark I felt quite tired and quite disappointing with the run. Well, my watch indicated a new PR at 5k. I was just like, how the hell could I get better at running from not running?! :D

This was soo satisfying! The program works! Thank you!
If a fight is inevitable, hit first.

K.B.
Site Admin

Re: Thank you K.B! (PR inside)

Post by K.B. »

Great job Stefan! PR reports make my day. Your work ethic, discipline and consistency are paying off. Devil's Trinity is one of my favorite as well - if you get a chance try it out with a partner for the sparring portion.

Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

Stefan Olsson wrote:As a runner, on amateurish level, I did have quite of running under my belt prior to starting TB. Few half marathons and a handful of trail/mud races.

Did a BB block to begin with in january, but did not push it, rather did the minimum for the E´s. Began Op+Black and started to get familiar with HIC´s for the fist time in my life. It was a fun way do conditioning aside from covering miles on the street/trails that usually was my go to. Fell in love with Devils trinity as I use to train thaiboxning back in the days. Liked the simplicity in Fobbit and occasional indoor power intervals. Started at basic level and increased where I could.

fast forward til today. For the first time in a long time a decided to run outside, and did fast 5 tempo run. Did a trail run. Moderate difficulty. It was quite tough, I guesstimate it was a 85-90% effort. Could not keep a conversation, but did not suffocate either.
As I came near the 5km mark I felt quite tired and quite disappointing with the run. Well, my watch indicated a new PR at 5k. I was just like, how the hell could I get better at running from not running?! :D

Nicely done! Especially for someone that already has a fair amount of running experience. Every PR at that level is a big accomplishment.

Stefan Olsson

Post by Stefan Olsson »

K.B. wrote:Great job Stefan! PR reports make my day. Your work ethic, discipline and consistency are paying off. Devil's Trinity is one of my favorite as well - if you get a chance try it out with a partner for the sparring portion.
Glad you appreciate the feedback! :)

Stefan Olsson

Post by Stefan Olsson »

Balaclava wrote:
Stefan Olsson wrote:As a runner, on amateurish level, I did have quite of running under my belt prior to starting TB. Few half marathons and a handful of trail/mud races.

Nicely done! Especially for someone that already has a fair amount of running experience. Every PR at that level is a big accomplishment.

Thank you! Thats one of the reasons I wanted to share this :)

Fedaykin

Post by Fedaykin »

Great job! It's funny how the improvement sneaks up...the effort feels the same but when you look down at your monitor you've shaved off minutes.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Well done Stefan! The best part about TB is the "WTH" effect you see with carryover to other unexpected areas of your fitness.