Actors Talk Diet & Training

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Aelian

Actors Talk Diet & Training

Post by Aelian »

Not a big youtube guy, but this little video is awesome and worth a watch. Lots of little gems and recurring themes ...The last 2 minutes with Chris Pratt is gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF3ixuORPaw

Seabassius

Re: Actors Talk Diet & Training

Post by Seabassius »

That was cool.

Puts perspective on what you are trying to achieve and being realistic about results. When you hear about what they have to do to achieve that look which I think is the majority of people's goals (I've been guilty of it as well) it is just not possible for the average person. Their job is getting ready for a movie and then the movie starts and they're at peak and shooting starts to take precedence and you heard the one actor talk about how he just starts to lose mass from that day forward; its like life for the rest of us, only we don't have 8 months to get ready.

Instead it should be about what you want to be able to do, the look will be secondary. I think that is why I like the TB approach (which is funny since I'm doing something different for the next year - but similar approach). Too often people go balls out trying to much to fast on some 8 week superhero workout or something instead of making it a lifetime endeavor. Just reminded me of what my first platoon sergeant used to say to me when he was trying to teach me to be a young Lieutenant, don't go all out to get to the objective, you have to be able to fight once you get there.

Ibrahimovic105

Re: Actors Talk Diet & Training

Post by Ibrahimovic105 »

Seabassius wrote:That was cool.

Puts perspective on what you are trying to achieve and being realistic about results. When you hear about what they have to do to achieve that look which I think is the majority of people's goals (I've been guilty of it as well) it is just not possible for the average person. Their job is getting ready for a movie and then the movie starts and they're at peak and shooting starts to take precedence and you heard the one actor talk about how he just starts to lose mass from that day forward; its like life for the rest of us, only we don't have 8 months to get ready.

Instead it should be about what you want to be able to do, the look will be secondary. I think that is why I like the TB approach (which is funny since I'm doing something different for the next year - but similar approach). Too often people go balls out trying to much to fast on some 8 week superhero workout or something instead of making it a lifetime endeavor. Just reminded me of what my first platoon sergeant used to say to me when he was trying to teach me to be a young Lieutenant, don't go all out to get to the objective, you have to be able to fight once you get there.
Well said Sebassius... Fitness should really be a lifetime consistent endeavor not just something you wake up one day and chase foolishly... Will definitely keep that in mind ✌️