Using the time between sets

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Hellequin

Re: Using the time between sets

Post by Hellequin »

Thanks for all the answers. Today I had my second Fighter training and I did nothing else than listen to the music, walk around in the Crossfit box and focus. That worked well. I had the feeling of full recovery between sets and all sets felt so much easier than last training session. I am definitely not used to those 'breaks' but I start to like them! :D

travman

Post by travman »

I sometimes read on my phone, make coffee, or cook breakfast/dinner. I usually stretch the muscle group I am working. Today my rest intervals were (feed the baby cereal, and hold the baby.) :lol:

Ibrahimovic105

Post by Ibrahimovic105 »

travman wrote:I sometimes read on my phone, make coffee, or cook breakfast/dinner. I usually stretch the muscle group I am working. Today my rest intervals were (feed the baby cereal, and hold the baby.) :lol:
:lol: or you could always 'mire and pose like Arnold or Yates front the mirror trying to impress them women :lol:

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

I like to do mobility work for 1 min when I am sticking to full 2 min rest periods. I tailor it to the movement I am doing.Hip stuff for squats, chest/shoulder stretch for bench and lat work for pullups.

I also use a fast focused warm up to cut down on training time. 75 mins seems very long?

Ibrahimovic105

Post by Ibrahimovic105 »

Maxrip13 wrote:I like to do mobility work for 1 min when I am sticking to full 2 min rest periods. I tailor it to the movement I am doing.Hip stuff for squats, chest/shoulder stretch for bench and lat work for pullups.

I also use a fast focused warm up to cut down on training time. 75 mins seems very long?
Speaking of warm ups a topic that isn't quite covered in the TB book how and what exactly should a trainee do in the warm up as I often find myself spending a little too much time doing warmups .I think this should be a separate topic in itself.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Ibrahimovic105 wrote:
Maxrip13 wrote:I like to do mobility work for 1 min when I am sticking to full 2 min rest periods. I tailor it to the movement I am doing.Hip stuff for squats, chest/shoulder stretch for bench and lat work for pullups.

Speaking of warm ups a topic that isn't quite covered in the TB book how and what exactly should a trainee do in the warm up as I often find myself spending a little too much time doing warmups .I think this should be a separate topic in itself.

The books do cover how to approach a general warmup for the session. You don't need to be told exactly what to do because warmups are different for everyone.