Daily Kettlebell Swings with Base?

MxS/SE/HIC/E
BubbaFat

Daily Kettlebell Swings with Base?

Post by BubbaFat »

Hey guys (and gals),

I'm happy to have found this community, TB is exactly what I've been looking for. Quick question;

For the past month I've been working on doing 20-30 daily kettlebell swings (one day off/week). I'm in a nice little groove and I would like to keep this up for another 2-3 weeks. The swings are broken up throughout the day into sets of 5-10.

Now I'm also planning on starting my Base Building this week. Is it okay to continue with the daily swings or is that gonna screw things right up?

J-Madd

Re: Daily Kettlebell Swings with Base?

Post by J-Madd »

20-30 swings/day is not a great deal of volume. As long as they are nice and crisp, I don't think they will hurt anything. There is an example in the the TB manual of someone who does base building by running in the mornings and doing swings and pull-ups in the evenings five days each week.

BubbaFat

Post by BubbaFat »

Thanks... sorry I should clarify this would be in addition to my calisthenics-only SE. I would workout in the morning, so my morning would consist of either E or SE. The kettlebell would be mostly for the afternoons & evenings at home, a few sets here or there while I'm watching tv or at my desk.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Even with the SE circuits, I don't think 20-30 swings/day is going to overtax anyone. I assume you are using a bell you can swing very comfortably.