TB2/Conditioning for P.A.R.E

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Combo_Scene

TB2/Conditioning for P.A.R.E

Post by Combo_Scene »

Good Evening All,

I've achieved halfway decent numbers in my lifting (210 BP / 330 SQ / 400 DL) @ 185lbs but have been woefully negligent in my conditioning. To remedy this, I purchased TB2 Conditioning to mix in with my lifting as I will be applying to Department of Fisheries and Oceans (Canada). My question is how I would best program lifting/conditioning in order to pass the required fitness test in 4:45 (P.A.R.E, some of you may be familiar)

Station 1 is 6 laps totalling 400 meters (.25 miles total) before moving onto Station 2 which is a push/pull station coupled with burpees more or less, before ending on Station 3, a weighted carry.

Any guidance/assistance is appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rkHdhVhgXI

Ten8

Re: TB2/Conditioning for P.A.R.E

Post by Ten8 »

Combo_Scene wrote:Good Evening All,

I've achieved halfway decent numbers in my lifting (210 BP / 330 SQ / 400 DL) @ 185lbs but have been woefully negligent in my conditioning. To remedy this, I purchased TB2 Conditioning to mix in with my lifting as I will be applying to Department of Fisheries and Oceans (Canada). My question is how I would best program lifting/conditioning in order to pass the required fitness test in 4:45 (P.A.R.E, some of you may be familiar)

Station 1 is 6 laps totalling 400 meters (.25 miles total) before moving onto Station 2 which is a push/pull station coupled with burpees more or less, before ending on Station 3, a weighted carry.

Any guidance/assistance is appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rkHdhVhgXI
Combo_Scene, welcome to the forum. You say you've purchased TB2, but have you read it?
#22 in The Vault directly speaks to training the PARE.

Also TB2 is just one half of the equation, it's cardio. TB1 is where you'll find all the standard TB strength programming like Operator I/A, Fighter, Zulu, and so on.

DocOctagon

Re: TB2/Conditioning for P.A.R.E

Post by DocOctagon »

Combo_Scene wrote:My question is how I would best program lifting/conditioning in order to pass the required fitness test in 4:45 (P.A.R.E, some of you may be familiar)
I'm going to be blunt here, but I'm on the same page as @Ten8. What part of TB2 didn't you understand? Did you read it? The entire book is about programming your conditioning. If you did read it, you need to be more specific with your question. Please read the "Read this Before Posting" Sticky as well.