Critique my plan

MxS/SE/HIC/E
malander93

Critique my plan

Post by malander93 »

Just to make things clear, I want to increase push ups, pull ups, sit ups and endurance and eventually get my 1.5 mile run down to around 10 minutes.

I just finished up a 6 week block of fighter/bangkok + green, with an additional SE.

My cluster was..

Hex DL
Bench
Weighted Pull Up

For SE, I switched at 3 weeks to a simple Push up, Row, Sit Up, Squat cluster.

Mostly Running and some rucking for E.

I'd like to continue with Fighter/Bangkok because SE is something I need to work on, and I'm reluctant to do less than 2 MS days/week. I will continue with green as well.

I am thinking about doing this a couple different ways...

Plan #1
MS
Clean and Press
Front Squat
Bench

SE
Push Up
Sit Up
Row
KB Swing
Hanging Leg Raise

Push Ups and Sit Ups would be done as a percentage of my max. So on week 1, I would do 3-5x5 @70% for max strength exercises, and 3-5x70% max reps for push ups and sit ups. Rows would mirror push up reps. I would like to do the fighter pull up program along side this.

Plan #2
MS
Clean and Press
Front Squat
Bench
Weighted Pull Up

SE
Push Up
Sit Up
Row
KB Swing
Pull Up

Push ups, sit ups, and pull ups would be done as a percentage of my max on SE day, but on MS days I will do weighted pull ups.

What are everyone's thoughts on this? Main goal is to increase push/pull/sit numbers while maintaining strength and developing endurance. I am curious if anyone has even done a "reverse" fighter/bangkok set up with 2xSE and 1xMS per week. Obviously not ideal for MS maintenance but wondering if it would work for my needs.

I could also see where a 3 week operator block followed by a 3 week SE block could work too.

ectional

Re: Critique my plan

Post by ectional »

Goal is to increase SE and E with maintaining strength... Sounds like basebuilding to me. Granted you might lose some strength but you can't have it all at all times and that strength will return really quickly.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

malander93 wrote:Just to make things clear, I want to increase push ups, pull ups, sit ups and endurance and eventually get my 1.5 mile run down to around 10 minutes.

I just finished up a 6 week block of fighter/bangkok + green, with an additional SE.

My cluster was..

Hex DL
Bench
Weighted Pull Up

For SE, I switched at 3 weeks to a simple Push up, Row, Sit Up, Squat cluster.

Mostly Running and some rucking for E.

I'd like to continue with Fighter/Bangkok because SE is something I need to work on, and I'm reluctant to do less than 2 MS days/week. I will continue with green as well.

I am thinking about doing this a couple different ways...

Plan #1
MS
Clean and Press
Front Squat
Bench

SE
Push Up
Sit Up
Row
KB Swing
Hanging Leg Raise

Push Ups and Sit Ups would be done as a percentage of my max. So on week 1, I would do 3-5x5 @70% for max strength exercises, and 3-5x70% max reps for push ups and sit ups. Rows would mirror push up reps. I would like to do the fighter pull up program along side this.

Plan #2
MS
Clean and Press
Front Squat
Bench
Weighted Pull Up

SE
Push Up
Sit Up
Row
KB Swing
Pull Up

Push ups, sit ups, and pull ups would be done as a percentage of my max on SE day, but on MS days I will do weighted pull ups.

What are everyone's thoughts on this? Main goal is to increase push/pull/sit numbers while maintaining strength and developing endurance. I am curious if anyone has even done a "reverse" fighter/bangkok set up with 2xSE and 1xMS per week. Obviously not ideal for MS maintenance but wondering if it would work for my needs.

I could also see where a 3 week operator block followed by a 3 week SE block could work too.

What are your current numbers and where do you need to improve ?

If you already are hitting decent numbers my advice would be different to if you are only doing 20-30 reps.

Aelian

Post by Aelian »

@Malander, please read this:

http://tacticalbarbell.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=3&t=867

And post all relevant info.

Thanks.

malander93

Post by malander93 »

Aelian wrote:@Malander, please read this:

http://tacticalbarbell.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=3&t=867

And post all relevant info.

Thanks.
Shoot, go ahead and delete this. I will repost once I have tested new maxes on Thursday/Friday and have given the book another look over.