Mass Protocol - Available NOW + TOC/FAQs

MxS/SE/HIC/E
K.B.
Site Admin

Mass Protocol - Available NOW + TOC/FAQs

Post by K.B. »

MPS.jpg
MPS.jpg (44.54 KiB) Viewed 22657 times

Get your copy here, ON SALE for a limited time: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1999559312
TOC1.png
TOC1.png (80.69 KiB) Viewed 22657 times
TOC2.jpg
TOC2.jpg (91.7 KiB) Viewed 22657 times

MASS PROTOCOL FAQs

Why Hypertrophy?
Gaining muscle mass has it's place in the operational world. And for the past two years I've been inundated with readers asking about hypertrophy. In short, you asked for it. Also, read this: http://www.tacticalbarbell.com/mass-pro ... ease-sale/

What is Mass Protocol?
Mass Protocol is a COMPREHENSIVE hypertrophy manual for operational professionals. It includes:

- 4 core mass building templates
- 2 Specificity templates
- A Base Building protocol specifically designed for hypertrophy cycles
- Concurrent Conditioning specifically designed for hypertrophy cycles
- Training cycles/block programming
- Nutrition & Supplementation
- How to put everything together/integration with other training objectives

Gladiator, Mass, Grey Man...these templates sound familiar. Are they the same templates found in the first edition?
NO. Mass bears a passing resemblance to the original Mass Template, and the names are the same, but that's where the similarity ends. The templates in Mass Protocol have never been released until now. I just liked the names and didn't want them to go to waste.

Why did you get rid of the old Mass, Gladiator, etc?
Those templates worked, but weren’t optimal. I was never satisfied with them and felt like I shoe-horned them into my very first book as a way to cover 'everything'. They straddled the fence between hypertrophy and max-strength without really committing to either. They were basically versions of the core templates (operator etc) modified by teammates to shift the emphasis closer to hypertrophy. For some that was adequate. They did increase hypertrophy and maximal-strength, but not to the same extent as the templates in Mass Protocol will.

What about the Base Building?
The Base Building protocol in this book is designed for strength & hypertrophy phases. Think of it as Base Building for strength-focused athletes. It can be used anytime you run a hypertrophy cycle and need to buffer your conditioning. This is NOT the Base Building template found in Tactical Barbell II.

Can I use the Conditioning sessions from Tactical Barbell II?
I don't recommend it. I suggest using the sessions included in Mass Protocol until your target weight is met. The new Green/Black sessions in MP are specifically designed/chosen to align with hypertrophy by addressing one or more of the following:

1. Promote an anabolic environment
2. Facilitate recovery
3. Maintain a base level of operational readiness

You can incorporate the new Mass Protocol conditioning sessions when/if you return to regular Tactical Barbell training.

When will this be released for Kindle/as an E-Book?
At this time we have no plans to release Mass Protocol electronically. That decision will be revisited in the new year. For a limited time, you'll be able to get a print copy of Mass Protocol for only $20. I suggest investing now before the price is brought back up.

What's the difference between Tactical Barbell I (3rd ed), Tactical Barbell II, and Mass Protocol?
Tactical Barbell I is our strength training system. Maximal-strength is the ability to generate force regardless of muscle size. Several strategies/schedules for increasing maximal-strength and muscular-endurance are presented. Tactical Barbell II is our conditioning /cardiovascular training system. Mass Protocol focuses on developing muscle size, aka muscular hypertrophy. Hypertrophy isn’t always the most optimal way to train for strength, and strength training isn’t always the most efficient way to train for muscle size – although overlap does exist between the two.

Think of TBI as strength, TBII as cardio, and Mass Protocol as hypertrophy. All three can be used separately to train their respective domains – or together as one complete system.

Do I need Tactical Barbell I or II to use Mass Protocol?
You do not. Mass Protocol is a self contained program that includes everything you need to run hypertrophy cycles; lifting templates, conditioning sessions, and even a unique Base Building model.

Where Can I Get Mass Protocol?!!
Get your copy here, on sale (for now):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1999559312

VenomousCoffee

Re: Tactical Barbell: Mass Protocol

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Congrats! Looking forward to reading it.

xfitxm

Post by xfitxm »

Will it be out for Christmas? :D

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Looking forward to another book to read.

I’ll definitely be grabbing it when it releases on kindle.

mikhou

Re: Mass Protocol - Available NOW + TOC/FAQs

Post by mikhou »

Here's a request for an electronic copy to be made available via Kindle. I am in a location to where I can't have a paper copy shipped to me. Thanks!

eXpo

Post by eXpo »

Grats on the release mate.

Hope you release it on Kindle soon for the rest of the EU.

UK Amazon : https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1999559312/ ... ref=plSrch
Last edited by eXpo on Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hellequin

Post by Hellequin »

I was looking forward to this book for so long! I just ordered it and have to wait now for at least 3 weeks (Switzerland). The cost of the shipping equals the costs of the book. Would love to additionally buy an electronic version what could be read if I am on the road and don't have the hardcopy with me.

Thank you for this KB!

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Ordered!!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Oscar

Post by Oscar »

+1 to the Kindle version, can't have it delivered here

eXpo

Post by eXpo »

Is it recommended to use a training max (TM) with the Mass templates or is it percentages from a true 1RM?