Mass Protocol - Available NOW + TOC/FAQs

MxS/SE/HIC/E
ExistenzZ

Re: Mass Protocol - Available NOW + TOC/FAQs

Post by ExistenzZ »

For the past 4 months I haven't been in a position to train because I got a screw in my jaw (medical procedure). The last 6 weeks I completed out BB Mass, normally I would have skipped it I think but I was/am in a position where I can't lift near my 1RM because of the possibility that screws are going to pop out of my face. :|

Observations:
If you have only done low rep ranges for a while then I highly recommend it. Last week I completed week 6, started out this week on Grey Man (with very conservative 1RM's) and I noticed a difference in reduced resting times between sets and overall stamina during the workout.
Pick your lifts carefully, every Friday was hell because I choose Bulgarian Squats (which means double the amount of reps)

Will be doing a full review of Grey Man in 6 months or so. I chose the same lifts for my S clusters as my main lifts, should be fun.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

ExistenzZ wrote:For the past 4 months I haven't been in a position to train because I got a screw in my jaw (medical procedure). The last 6 weeks I completed out BB Mass, normally I would have skipped it I think but I was/am in a position where I can't lift near my 1RM because of the possibility that screws are going to pop out of my face. :|

Observations:
If you have only done low rep ranges for a while then I highly recommend it. Last week I completed week 6, started out this week on Grey Man (with very conservative 1RM's) and I noticed a difference in reduced resting times between sets and overall stamina during the workout.
Pick your lifts carefully, every Friday was hell because I choose Bulgarian Squats (which means double the amount of reps)

Will be doing a full review of Grey Man in 6 months or so. I chose the same lifts for my S clusters as my main lifts, should be fun.
"If you have only done low rep ranges for a while then I highly recommend it." - do you mind elaborate a bit, mate?
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

ExistenzZ

Post by ExistenzZ »

Barkadion wrote:
ExistenzZ wrote:For the past 4 months I haven't been in a position to train because I got a screw in my jaw (medical procedure). The last 6 weeks I completed out BB Mass, normally I would have skipped it I think but I was/am in a position where I can't lift near my 1RM because of the possibility that screws are going to pop out of my face. :|

Observations:

"If you have only done low rep ranges for a while then I highly recommend it." - do you mind elaborate a bit, mate?
The level of fatique I experience is different. When I am close to failure with heavy reps, I just can't lift it anymore. With higher reps you get the lactid acid burn but still able to lift quite some reps. It's a nice change of feeling, must be the pump bodybuilder refer to.

The thing I am also noticing is that the amount of Grey man reps are much easier for me. I am doing the S clusters with 3 exercises each. When comparing it to a friend of mine who has done Operater and is now joining me for Grey man, he has much more trouble with the amount of reps and is only doing 2 exercises.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

ExistenzZ wrote:
Barkadion wrote:

Observations:

The level of fatique I experience is different. When I am close to failure with heavy reps, I just can't lift it anymore. With higher reps you get the lactid acid burn but still able to lift quite some reps. It's a nice change of feeling, must be the pump bodybuilder refer to.

The thing I am also noticing is that the amount of Grey man reps are much easier for me. I am doing the S clusters with 3 exercises each. When comparing it to a friend of mine who has done Operater and is now joining me for Grey man, he has much more trouble with the amount of reps and is only doing 2 exercises.
I see. Thank you for clarifying. Interesting about Grey..
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Ibrahimovic105

Post by Ibrahimovic105 »

KB can you give us a date when the ebook of Mass protocol will be released.A lot of us are waiting eagerly to read the book but don't live in the USA to order the book.I hope you read this and release the ebook as soon as possible.
Thank you

Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

Interested in kindle version too

Willcalix

Post by Willcalix »

I really hope that they launch the kindle version of this book, I live out of USA and bring this book to my country is more expensive than the book itself, I hope they take into account the foreign readers

nahid

Post by nahid »

Hello there, I have bought all the books on Tactical series - TB I, TB II and Mass Protocol. I have been doing strength and bodybuilding combination type training for 4+ years. While reading the introduction of TB I, I came to know that author K Black had mentioned a book named "Periodization" by an Eastern European writer. Which book was it ?

Tier1TJ

Post by Tier1TJ »

Like the other books in the Tactical Barbell series, this is an excellent, well-written text. I'm seeing early results that are better than I expected. I admit, base building was a bit difficult. Nothing like doing 90 squats over a workout at 30% 1RM to get the blood flowing! I'm following the Mass Template now. Just a quick question for clarification: is Day 5 on Week 3 (the peak + / AMRAP week), meant to be open, or is this an omission? I can't think of a good reason not to AMRAP the WPUs. I appreciate your help.

Best,
TJ

TBPenguin

Post by TBPenguin »

Tier1TJ wrote: Just a quick question for clarification: is Day 5 on Week 3 (the peak + / AMRAP week), meant to be open, or is this an omission?
Intentional. Welcome to the forum.