OMS ?'s

MxS/SE/HIC/E
mattd1981

OMS ?'s

Post by mattd1981 »

I originally posted this as a reply in the OMS Programming Help Topic, but realized it might be best to start a new Topic. I'm a newbie forumer, so I apologize for double posting the same thing.

KB,

First off, my compliments on the new book, Mass Protocol is exactly what I have been looking for. I've been running Operator I/A for nearly a year now to build my strength before reintroducing hypertrophy into my training. Now i don't need to create my own program or find one somewhere else that may or may not produce results, because I have full faith that yours will. Running OMS perpetually is a no brainer for me, so thank you for making it easy.
Im a long time follower and first time questioner on the forum, so I'm going to ask a few regarding OMS.

1. On Mass Template Week 3, Day 5 it is blank. Is it intended that you should still perform BP, SQ, WPU for 4 x 3 @ 80%?

2a. You mention that it's best to use Operator instead of Zulu or I/A since its the flagship. Are you referring to Operator I/A when you say that?

2b. I use Operator I/A now due to the heavier weights I lift, although I have no qualms about going back to OP if it's preferable. So, to my question, when running OMS is it better to use OP or OP I/A when lifting more advanced weights?

3. A bit of background on me before the question. I am roughly 20 lbs under my target weight. I do Krav Maga 2-3 times per week, which more often than not doesn't amount to much conditioning unless we are sparring or rolling. The only conditioning requirements I have are being able to perform well through a 4-6 hour "brutal" belt testing for Krav Maga every 6 - 12 months; which lines up nicely with BB to fill the tank prior to.
Here is the question, when running OMS and during the Operator phase, would you recommend for me to use Conditioning sessions in TB2 or MP?