Test for prison's SWAT team.

MxS/SE/HIC/E
ectional

Test for prison's SWAT team.

Post by ectional »

Hi again

Haven't posted in a while but now I've taken on some new goals and I'm unsure how to proceed.
Basically the goals are following
Squat: 180kg x1 -- Haven't squatted in a while but I doubt I'm far off that. Will test on Wednesday. (Requirement is bw+70kg)
Bench: 125kg x6 -- Currently around 110kg x1. This will undoubtedly be the most difficult part.(requirement is bw + 20 for 6 reps)
3km run: 14:00 -- Previous best was 15:15 with 90% effort.
Crunches: 110 consecutive -- Probably around 60, will test later
24kg KB snatch: 26 -- Am able to do that now but it's around my max.
Pull-ups: 18 -- Currently at around 13-14

I've been following Gray Man mass with OHP, weighted chins, bench and trap-bar deadlift and conditioning has varied.

Currently sitting around 105kg/230lbs at 6'3. When it comes to weight I'm between two choices, either maintain or lose some fat (until I'm around 95-97kg) so required weights would go down.

Luckily I have no real timetable so there's time but obviously I would like to reach those ASAP. Most obvious way would be Operator + black with bench as a main movement.

Maxrip13

Re: Test for prison's SWAT team.

Post by Maxrip13 »

Are those the fitness standards you need to meet in terms of the squat , bench etc for work?

Do you have the extra weight to lose?
If you have a spare 5 or 10 kg you can drop while maintaining strength you will definitely hit your pullup and run goals. Extra body weight is one of the major limiting factors on both of those.

If you can already hit the 180kg squat, I would definitely just drop some weight while using OP Black with an LSS run each week.That should drop some weight and make the 3km run a piece of cake.

I am interested to see how it goes.

godjira1

Post by godjira1 »

All pretty challenging requirements in themselves and to do all of them! Is the test done in a day?

Do keep us posted how you do on this.
It ain't what you don’t know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain’t so.

ectional

Post by ectional »

Maxrip13 wrote:Are those the fitness standards you need to meet in terms of the squat , bench etc for work?

Do you have the extra weight to lose?
If you have a spare 5 or 10 kg you can drop while maintaining strength you will definitely hit your pullup and run goals. Extra body weight is one of the major limiting factors on both of those.

If you can already hit the 180kg squat, I would definitely just drop some weight while using OP Black with an LSS run each week.That should drop some weight and make the 3km run a piece of cake.

I am interested to see how it goes.
Basically for work yeah. Higher physical goals for the special unit. Definitely could do with losing 10kg and was heading towards there in my head as well. Tested my squat and it was a sloppy 160kg, but not worried about it since my squat has always gone up with little effort, even in a deficit.
godjira1 wrote:All pretty challenging requirements in themselves and to do all of them! Is the test done in a day?

Do keep us posted how you do on this.
In one day yeah. And that's why I chose this task. Not even that sure if I want to join the special unit but I realised my training was lacking a goal. And now having a goal is making training exciting again.

Looks like I should dig up my old training journal here. :D

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Definitely drop that 5 -10kg. It sounds like you already have more size than you need for the job.
I reckon that will get you half way to all your goals minus the benchpress.

As I said mate good luck with it and keep a log here for us to follow :D