Challenge sessions

MxS/SE/HIC/E
C.B.

Challenge sessions

Post by C.B. »

With my schedule all jacked with limited access to a legit gym, I am adjusting to Fighter+Operator.

Today was set to be an HIC day, but I decided to try an adjusted challenge session. I rucked for 4 miles and every 15 minutes do, alternating, 50 x squats and 50 x overhead press with 45# ruck (as I said, adjusted).

Would this, or any other challenge session count as...HIC, E, somewhere in between?

Adski

Re: Challenge sessions

Post by Adski »

Given the rep ranges, I would call it an E/SE session.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

I'd agree with Adski.

C.B.

Post by C.B. »

Where would the rep range/scheme change the type of workout? More reps? More often?

The original challenge session as per the book is 3 miles with more weight than I had on hand and 100 squats and 100 KB swings instead. Just curious.

Thanks for the responses.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

It depends on the intensity in my opinion.

It is an SE fun "ruck" if you keep the ruck intensity down or it becomes a challenge session if you push the pace with some shuffling.

Either way you will improve your SE and ability to travel over distance, but it will lean more towards the green end of the training spectrum.

With everything going on i think TB leaning towards the green end of training is the way to go just to get some time outside.