Training for mountaineering expedition.

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Paciek

Training for mountaineering expedition.

Post by Paciek »

Hello. I am 29 years old LEO from Poland. I am occasionally trekking and mountaineering with friends from my police department. Last year we have reached the summit of Grossglockner (the highest peak in Austria) and Zugspitse (the highest peak in Germany). Now I am prepearing for our next expedition on 1st September. We are going to Georgia to reach the summit of Kazbek (5054 meters). It isn't difficult peak technicly but I must be ready for long trekking with heavy backpack.
I did base building and now I am finishing (3 weeks left) Green + Fighter (FS/BP/WPU template) During BB my E workouts were 40 minutes LSS runs. During Green it was 45 minutes LSS runs 3x a week. I have 12 weeks left to the start of expedition.

I am wondering if it's better to run once again Green + Fighter or Black + Operator Pro Advanced (i can workout only 5 days a week).

During Green E trainings would be 2x 60 minutes LSS run and 1x 90 minutess LSS run (rucking every other week).

During Black E trainings would be 2x running based HIC (hill sprints/fast 5/600 meter resets/oxygen debt/SE Ladders) and 1x 90 minutes LSS run (rucking every other week).

Which option would be better in my situation? As a LEO I need some strength. Green is better for endurance athletes but maybe after BB and one block of Green Black would be more beneficial? What do you think?