Mobility Day - Active Recovery

MxS/SE/HIC/E
grouchyjarhead

Mobility Day - Active Recovery

Post by grouchyjarhead »

I have been incorporating 1-2 mobility days per week for the past six weeks now and it has been a huge game changer for me.

https://www.stewsmithfitness.com/blogs/ ... -workout-1

General set up:
Repeat 5 times
Easy Cardio of your choice - 5 minutes
Stretch, foam roll, massage tool - 5 minutes.

I have been doing an easy jog/bike ride for my cardio and then foam roll two areas then hold a stretch for the remaining time that hits those areas as well. EX: foam roll quadriceps and shins, then hold a saddle pose for the rest of the time.

Highly recommend giving it a go once a week.

Maxrip13

Re: Mobility Day - Active Recovery

Post by Maxrip13 »

I was being really good with yoga and walking for a period there and had months of quality training with no pain or injury.

The other day I tweaked my back and Hip in my OP I/A session for the first times in ages. If I go back through my log I can see my yoga and general movement training has dropped right off. Damn Covid stopping me from doing my BJJ classess has cut two full sessions of yoga and movement out.

Lucky I had a week off planned and will only miss a session. I think it's time to program specific days for YOga/Mobility and not allow myself to lift or Run until they get ticked off.

jzt

Post by jzt »

I do 15 mins of mobility/yoga per day (on top of walking a lot) and it really helps with joint pain.

Adski

Post by Adski »

Not a bad setup at all. I reckon I spend more hours per week on recovery than I do training in total.
I simply just really enjoy it.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

I don't have a mobility day per se, but I do the Original Strength resets as a warmup and then I alternate between Agile 8 and some light stretching after my workouts. Only been doing the OS stuff for about a month. I can't say that OS is any better than other things that I have done for mobility, but I'll keep at it for awhile longer before making a definitive statement on it (for me).