My schedule/diet/etc

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Pr3inar

My schedule/diet/etc

Post by Pr3inar »

Hi!

Below is a rant/overview over my current. I’m not sure what I want with this; critique, a fortune telling about how it will work out, just share an idea..

I’m soon finished with BB, and this the plan for the final weeks, and probably Continuation.

Attached is my 3-weekly schedule. The days marked in yellow means I have the kids, and cannot leave home. I have kettlebells amd jump rope for home training

The days marked yellow and purple I can train as I want.

As everyone else, I want to be stronger, leaner, better conditioned etc.. my running especially needs some attention. I want to do Operator, but cannot seem to find a good way to fit it to my schedule, Op I/A could work, but the conditioning would be too random. So I’m going with Fighter/Black

MS: BSS, weighted pullup and bench
HIC: 4x4 interval and oxygen debt 101 for white days, Meat Eater II and jump rope Fobbit on yellow days
E: LSS

Diet: app 2500 kcal a day, 200 gr protein, 220-50 gr carb, 70 gr fat. I started tracking macros before summer vacation, dropped of a bit on holiday, and started back on 5 weeks ago. BW before vacation/today: 97 kg/90 kg. According to some different online calculators I have between 18-20% bodyfat, which I think is to much.

When I’m now starting Fighter/Black, will the BF% drop if I keep eating the same? Do you see any changes you would do, in line with my schedule, to increase strength, reduce BF, increase 3k time etc?

If not, and you want to copy something/get inspired/have a busy schedule, go ahead!

Per
Attachments
D0026C77-049F-4BE9-824A-EF2FBEFBDAE0.jpeg
D0026C77-049F-4BE9-824A-EF2FBEFBDAE0.jpeg (96.4 KiB) Viewed 1769 times

Barkadion

Re: My schedule/diet/etc

Post by Barkadion »

I had similar body composition at some point. What did make a huge difference is diet. I was forced by my doctor to quit dairy, sugar, and most of the grains. That was a game changer. I have dropped about 30lb without any issues with keeping training and life schedule as usual. I am not saying it should be done by anyone. I am just sharing my experience. You might want to look into you choice of groceries apart from calorie count, though.. Fine tuning in the food department can be miraculous..
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Pr3inar

Post by Pr3inar »

Barkadion wrote:I had similar body composition at some point. What did make a huge difference is diet. I was forced by my doctor to quit dairy, sugar, and most of the grains. That was a game changer. I have dropped about 30lb without any issues with keeping training and life schedule as usual. I am not saying it should be done by anyone. I am just sharing my experience. You might want to look into you choice of groceries apart from calorie count, though.. Fine tuning in the food department can be miraculous..
How did the weight loss work on your strength training? And how are your body stats now?

I don’t eat sugar, and have never had a problem with dairy, my diet is pretty much based around it and switching everything up now is out of the question (at least as long as it works.. if it stalls out I may ha e to do some changes).

My calories come from:
Breakfast: oats with milk, raisins and a protein pudding after
Lunch: 2 slices whole grain bread, 40 gr cheese, 50 gr ham, 1 Skyr (icelandic yogurt/fresh cheese, no sugar or fat, only protein)
Dinner: 200 gr ground beef, 200 gr frozen vegetablea and rice/bulgur
Evening meal: same as dinner (200 + 200 + rice/bulgur)

Edit: I guess my question is, if I keep it at this, will the BF% creep down with that caloric intake and fighter/black?

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Pr3inar wrote:
Barkadion wrote:I had similar body composition at some point. What did make a huge difference is diet. I was forced by my doctor to quit dairy, sugar, and most of the grains. That was a game changer. I have dropped about 30lb without any issues with keeping training and life schedule as usual. I am not saying it should be done by anyone. I am just sharing my experience. You might want to look into you choice of groceries apart from calorie count, though.. Fine tuning in the food department can be miraculous..
How did the weight loss work on your strength training? And how are your body stats now?

I don’t eat sugar, and have never had a problem with dairy, my diet is pretty much based around it and switching everything up now is out of the question (at least as long as it works.. if it stalls out I may ha e to do some changes).

My calories come from:
Lunch: 2 slices whole grain bread, 40 gr cheese, 50 gr ham, 1 Skyr (icelandic yogurt/fresh cheese, no sugar or fat, only protein)

Edit: I guess my question is, if I keep it at this, will the BF% creep down with that caloric intake and fighter/black?
No issues with strength training. I got down to 14% BW just before summer. I gained few easy pounds during the summer due to increase in fruits intake.
As for your question- try to play with numbers and do some fine tuning. You might add some activities instead. I remember adding 20 min evening walks for every other day helped me at some point..
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Pr3inar

Post by Pr3inar »

Barkadion wrote:
Pr3inar wrote:

My calories come from:

No issues with strength training. I got down to 14% BW just before summer. I gained few easy pounds during the summer due to increase in fruits intake.
As for your question- try to play with numbers and do some fine tuning. You might add some activities instead. I remember adding 20 min evening walks for every other day helped me at some point..
Thanks!
I lost 7 kg/15 pounds in 9 weeks just by eating a bit more planned. I guess that says something about my starting point (this was never an issue in my twenties!). I’m sure I can find some places to tweak and tune in a bit more, thighten the leash and eat more of the same meals to be sure I only get what I need. Adding some easy walks and just more activity day to day should also be pretty managable.

Switching from bread to more Skyr and fruits and nuts for lunch might be a first tweak when/if it stalls!

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

What is your main goal for the next couple cycles of your training?

Would you prefer to drop weight or increase performance?

The good thing is dropping weight will also drop your run times so you can hit two birds with one stone if that's the way you want to go.

Whenever I want to drop weight I start tracking via myfitnesspal. What works for me is dropping liquid calories(I love a glass of red wine in the evening), chocolate and cutting out bread with my meals. Add in near daily walks of 30-60 mins, sometimes used as warm ups for training or family time and I suddenly start dropping weight without any major changes.

A kettlebell and skipping rope gives you plenty of options. I would look at Fobbit intervals as a good E option using those tools if you can't get out with the kids around. My son is still too little for some things but I will use walks with him as warm ups for training or I will use him as weight for E sessions in a hiking backpack we have. I don't know the full details of your personal situation but you would be surprised what you can make work.

I use OP I/A paired with mostly green for my training. The way I do it is work out my 9 Max Strength Sessions and then tick them off as I am able with work and life. I will usually do my conditioning the day following or sometimes do both sessions back to back. Once I do the 9 Max Strength Sessions I take a deload week and reset for my next block of 9 training Sessions. I usually maintain the same exercises, but manipulate reps or total volume across the sessions. It's another option, but I would always recommend running a few cycles of Operator or fighter as per the book before you start changing things up. The best results I have had have been when I am able to run base building into Operator exactly as written in the template including conditioning in TB1/2.

Just a few more options to consider.

Pr3inar

Post by Pr3inar »

Maxrip13 wrote:What is your main goal for the next couple cycles of your training?

Would you prefer to drop weight or increase performance?

The good thing is dropping weight will also drop your run times so you can hit two birds with one stone if that's the way you want to go.

Whenever I want to drop weight I start tracking via myfitnesspal. What works for me is dropping liquid calories(I love a glass of red wine in the evening), chocolate and cutting out bread with my meals. Add in near daily walks of 30-60 mins, sometimes used as warm ups for training or family time and I suddenly start dropping weight without any major changes.

A kettlebell and skipping rope gives you plenty of options. I would look at Fobbit intervals as a good E option using those tools if you can't get out with the kids around. My son is still too little for some things but I will use walks with him as warm ups for training or I will use him as weight for E sessions in a hiking backpack we have. I don't know the full details of your personal situation but you would be surprised what you can make work.

I use OP I/A paired with mostly green for my training. The way I do it is work out my 9 Max Strength Sessions and then tick them off as I am able with work and life. I will usually do my conditioning the day following or sometimes do both sessions back to back. Once I do the 9 Max Strength Sessions I take a deload week and reset for my next block of 9 training Sessions. I usually maintain the same exercises, but manipulate reps or total volume across the sessions. It's another option, but I would always recommend running a few cycles of Operator or fighter as per the book before you start changing things up. The best results I have had have been when I am able to run base building into Operator exactly as written in the template including conditioning in TB1/2.

Just a few more options to consider.
Hi!
Jump rope and KB-fobbits are grrat, used one last week!

I want to do Operator, or i/a, but as you said, I’ll do Fighter as written first, just because thats the one I know I’ll be able to do consistenlt. I tried to map out OP I/A in my weekly chart, and could potentially gain 4 strength workouts in 9 weeks compared to fighter. At the same time, it would be hard to follow black as written with runnimg baded hicks. For now, the goal is maintain/increase strength and increase conditioning (running), so figter/black pro as written might fit better right now.

When I want more strength. Zulu might be a better fit, sonce I can train strength back to back, mon/tue, but of I like fighter I’ll just stick with it