Struggling on where to start

MxS/SE/HIC/E
VB_22

Struggling on where to start

Post by VB_22 »

Hey,

First time posting something.

I’m struggling to nail down where and how to start. For background, purely recreational training, lost about 100lbs over 3 years, but put back on 14lbs over the past year. I had been doing CrossFit and working on strength for around a year and a half, but burnt out a bit.

Came across the TB programs and bought all three books. Out of the three, I really like the Mass Protocol and it’s the one I’m swaying towards as working on muscle gain is something I’ve wanted to do but never have.

At the moment, my measurements are :
34 M
5’10”
200lbs
Roughly 27% BF

SQ : 300lbs
Bench : 190lbs
DL : 410lbs

Because my BF has went up, I’m not sure where to go or start. I’d really like to work on the big lifts, and it’s what I enjoy and, as said, would like to increase muscle mass.

Appreciate any feedback or thoughts - whether I should do standard BB, Mass BB, straight into Mass, cut Cals and drop BF first ... ?

Thanks in advance.

VB

TBPenguin

Re: Struggling on where to start

Post by TBPenguin »

VB, welcome. Great work so far. It is actually easier to gain muscle when you are leaner. I would do one of the base building blocks first, it would probably help you get the most out of a Mass block when the time comes. And all the TB programs let you work the big lifts. If you are set on using Mass first, just use the second diet formula. But you can gain some muscle doing Operator or Zulu as well. Maybe do a base building block, then evaluate?