Great Grey Man Results! What now ?

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Ateciak997

Great Grey Man Results! What now ?

Post by Ateciak997 »

Hey, after covid lockdown I returned to lifting. During lockdown I did BB phase from TB 3.
Next was 6 weeks of Grey Man
I used 5 sets of main strength exercises and 4 sets for accessories ( pull ups, max sets of push ups, Bulgarian split squat, hamstring curls, bicep curls)
I use standard nutrition formula.
After 6 weeks my results were:
Height 173cm
Weight : 75kg --> 81,5kg
Bench Press 1 RM : 79kg --> 90 kg
Back Squat 1 RM 96kg --> 113kg
Overhead Press 1 RM 45kg -->58kg
Deadlift 1 RM 107kg --> 127 kg

I'm very happy with my muscle gains and strength gains even if it was hypertrophy block.

Now I'm doing Specifity Alpha + KM ( I love simple workouts. Simple is often best :) )

It will be 3 weeks.

I'm pleased with my size now. Maybe I would like to be about 85 kg with hard dense look. But i want to be very athletic and strong too.
So my question is :

After specifity end Should i go with Operator 6 weeks and again Specifity 3 weeks etc.
Or maybe at this moment go with Operator than Zulu with hypetrophy accessories ( percents same like in specifity phase)
Is General Mass block useless at this moment for me ?
Sorry for my english. I havent used it for a long while.

TBPenguin

Re: Great Grey Man Results! What now ?

Post by TBPenguin »

Congrats, great results! Read pages 37 and 138 again. I think KB says variations on that in other places too, but I'm too lazy to look. My suggestion would be to run General Mass templates until you get above 85, maybe even got to 90 kg. Especially since fall is such a good time to be eating. In any case, when something is working don't go off and do something else.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Just to share my experience with GM (and I've been running various TB templates for about 5 years now), I have now done 2 cycles of GM, and I would have to say that I have enjoyed them as much or more than any other TB template that I have run. I would say that GM just makes me "feel good." I also believe that I added strength and some muscle mass even though I wasn't necessarily shooting to add much. (I ate at maintenance and just wanted to play around with the template.) I'm now running a cycle of Zulu and we'll see if I run it as a 3- or 6-week cycle. But I really think that for awhile I'm going to run 2 cycles of GM to 1-2 cycles of Zulu for the foreseeable future. (None of the Specificity templates really turn my crank.)

So I agree with TBP, don't fix what isn't broken. Keep running GM, but if you feel like you need to move away from it to a pure strength cycle then do it, but feel free to cycle back to GM.

Ateciak997

Post by Ateciak997 »

Thanks for replies. Yes, I think in book KB mentioned that even some athletes wont need Specifity or General Mass but ofc it's recommended.

Well Grey Man with accurate accessories is extremaly fun, I was surprised with my strength gains so maybe after 3 weeks of specifity I will back to Grey Man as you reccomend :)

But again... Alpha + Keeny Meeny is awesome too :twisted:

Any TB template because of intelligent progression is great :)