General mass results and moving forward

MxS/SE/HIC/E
studentparajay

General mass results and moving forward

Post by studentparajay »

Hey everyone, first time poster here.
I’ve recently completed several blocks of general mass template, and am very happy with the results. I went from 160 to 180 pounds (I’m 6’3, male, 27) and am still fairly lean. I’ve been working hard on sticking to the recommended diet, which has helped a lot compared with my progress in the past. My lifts have increased significantly as well: bench press from 145-185, squats from 195-244, deadlift from 245-275 and pull ups from 7 to 12.
Since gyms are once again closed (covid), I’ve decided to do a specificity Bravo block using two 20lb kettlebells and pull up/dip bars. It’s going alright, I definitely wish I had access to some heavier weights. For now my cluster looks like:
H1: Pull ups
Dips
Rows
Shoulder press
Goblet squat
Box jumps
Ab wheel

H2:
Push ups
Chin ups
Curls
Lunges
Kettlebell straight leg deadlift
Hanging leg raises

I’m doing hill sprints and fobbits 1/week each.
The upper body work feels good, I feel like I may lost some strength in my legs, but maybe the extra conditioning will make up for that?

If/when the gyms reopen at the end of the month, I’m thinking of running gladiator from the new mass template, as I would like to focus a bit more on my deadlift (I have a lift test coming up for school- carrying a stairchair up and down four flights of stairs, I think deadlift will be the most relevant to this)
My question is- are the deadlifts in this routine programmed same as the other lifts, i.e. 4x8 week one, 4x6 week two etc? It seems like a lot of DL volume compared to any other routine. I’m willing to give it a shot, I just want to be sure I’m understanding correctly and don’t toast myself.
This forum has been a great help to me, I hope my progress can help motivate someone else to try the template.
Thanks for taking the time to read this, any tips are greatly appreciated!

TBPenguin

Re: General mass results and moving forward

Post by TBPenguin »

studentparajay wrote:For now my cluster looks like:

The upper body work feels good, I feel like I may lost some strength in my legs, but maybe the extra conditioning will make up for that?

If/when the gyms reopen at the end of the month, I’m thinking of running gladiator from the new mass template,
My question is- are the deadlifts in this routine programmed same as the other lifts
With a couple of 20 lb KBs, stuck at home, try some rear foot elevated split squats.

The answer to your question on same (yes)/different (yes) is on p52 and p53.

Welcome. Good work!