Same day MS and HIC

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Crackerjack

Same day MS and HIC

Post by Crackerjack »

I would like to hear opinions from those who have experience doing max strength work on the same day as HIC sessions, particularly as it relates to strength gains. From what I've read in the TB books it seems feasible to do this with operator, Zulu, or fighter but I was wondering if people have seen it affect their strength gains compared to keeping strength work isolated. I'm thinking about integrating this with my operator setup to free up time on other days for either rest or more conditioning as needed.

Maxrip13

Re: Same day MS and HIC

Post by Maxrip13 »

In the end you need to find what works well for you. Apex hills after a heavy squat session isn't enjoyable. If you can train on different days it would be more "optimal". That means nothing if you can't get any consistency going with the sessions.

I really like doubling up my SE days with LSS after. It makes a lot of sense since my goal is improved endurance.

I like combining my training sessions and freeing up days when I can.

Crackerjack

Post by Crackerjack »

Thanks for the reply, makes sense. I was thinking of maybe doing hills or meat eater 2 after two of my OP sessions and maybe leave the third of alone. On one hand it's packing alot in on one day but the idea of an extra recovery day while still getting 3 MS and 3 HIC a week is very appealing.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Crackerjack wrote:Thanks for the reply, makes sense. I was thinking of maybe doing hills or meat eater 2 after two of my OP sessions and maybe leave the third of alone. On one hand it's packing alot in on one day but the idea of an extra recovery day while still getting 3 MS and 3 HIC a week is very appealing.

You also save time on warming up/cooling down, so if time is an issue it might be a good idea.

Crackerjack

Post by Crackerjack »

Indeed