Advice about Mass Template without Deadlift

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Stefano

Advice about Mass Template without Deadlift

Post by Stefano »

Hello everyone!

It’s a pleasure to post again: i really need some advice about my training...

I had a bad stomach flu two weeks ago (with two days of really high fever), i came back to lifting this week and i made the bad mistake to resume directly my training from Operator I/A heavy week (85%) where i stopped before the flu. The result was a disaster: i barely finished the 1st workout and failed reps on 2nd and 3rd.

My idea, now, is to up the calories, train with lighter weights, put on some muscles and slowly regain my strength. After i’ll gain some muscles and strength back, my idea is to return to OP I/A.

In order to train with lighter percentages and put on some muscles i decided to finally try Mass Template.
My question is this: i lift in a flat with a very thin floor, so i can’t deadlift because i really disturb the neighbours. Training the posterior chain is not a problem (i can do some RDL on Friday workout, without smashing the floor with the barbell...peaking RDL doesn’t seem a good idea to me). My idea was, on the 3rd workout of 3rd week, to substitute the Peak or Amrap Deadlift with Weighted Pull Ups Peak or Amrap (in the book there isn’t a peaking for WPU on 3rd week).

Is it a viable idea and, in general, a reasonable plan? As always, thanks for the help and sorry for my bad english!

TBPenguin

Re: Advice about Mass Template without Deadlift

Post by TBPenguin »

Having come back from a few such situations over the years, I can tell you flat out that it will be more productive, and involve less suffering, to run Operator. No need to up calories in that stage either. Just drop your training max a bit, start on week 1. You'll get your muscles and strength back, no problem.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Agree with The Penguin. Running Operator with max sets will provide enough strength and mass for most TBers.

Stefano

Post by Stefano »

Thanks a lot for the advices: I’ll stick with OP I/A, restarting again the Block with the same maxes...tomorrow I’ll have Covid-19 vaccine, if I felt some weakness or others unwanted effects, I’ll probably deload a bit of weight in Squats (the lift I’m struggling more with).