Programming Core+Grip Finishers

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Stefano

Programming Core+Grip Finishers

Post by Stefano »

Hello everyone! I'm experimenting with programming some finishers after my Max Strength workouts...right now i'm in the middle of my 5th block of Operator I/A with BSQ/BP/WPU, with strength and size as main targets. For the finishers my goal is to add a little of Core, Grip and Posterior Chain work so the Core+Grip Sessions of Conditioning Book are ideal. My weekly plan is this:

Monday: BSQ/BP/WPU + Plank&Shank

Wednesday: BSQ/BP/WPU + Farmer Carries

Friday: BSQ/BP/WPU + Full Core Session

My question is about the Full Core Session i want to program on Friday. In Conditioning Book it's written to treat it not as a finisher but, unfortunately, because of work and family, i have only 3 days a week to train. So, on Friday after the OP I/A Session, it's the only day of the week when i have time to do it. Do you think it's doable considering i have two rest days after the Full Core Session before the next workout? I really like the structure of this Session and i can't wait to try it, so i appreciate any feedbacks!

Thanks a lot for your help!

Stefano

TBPenguin

Re: Programming Core+Grip Finishers

Post by TBPenguin »

Stefano, since you aren't doing DLs, I think you should be able to get away with the A part. I'd skip the B part as you cover that on Monday.

Stefano

Re: Programming Core+Grip Finishers

Post by Stefano »

Thanks a lot for your time and your answer TBPenguin...I’ll cut the Full Core to the A part