Walking

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Barkadion

Walking

Post by Barkadion »

I am running Fighter HT from MASS book. It is supposed to be accompanied by green conditioning protocols. I decided to walk for 30-50 min 2-3 times/week. I haven’t been walking on the regular basis for years and I am back to it now. I just want to share my joy and really good changes heath-wise overall with walking. It is really underestimated. Walking is great for recovery, joints, cardiovascular status, and it feels almost like meditation. I lift in early morning and I walk around 6-7 PM same day. I wake up full of energy next morning. Also, no DOMS. I feel calmer and more stable overall.

I think we should walk regularly and it will spark our training. Just sharing, guys..
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Adski

Re: Walking

Post by Adski »

I have noticed this as well, it’s definitely a great stress reliever. I was already taking my little one out for walks a few days a week, I’m now just about doing it daily. Always feel great after.

Stefano

Post by Stefano »

Great post! I agree completely about the benefits and the beauty of Walking.

Right now, i’m building all my Conditioning around Walking/Hiking/Trekking, trying to do at least 2 Sessions/week (Strength Template is Operator I/A with extra sets: mass and strength are main goals for me at the moment).

I divided my Walking sessions into:

- Easy Walking for 5/10km, 45/90 min. total
- Hard Walking for 14/20km, 120/240 min. total. I do these sessions in hills/mountains.

In a typical week i try to do 1 Easy and 1 Hard Walking/Hiking/Trekking Session.

The main benefits i experienced with regular Walking/Hiking/Trekking are:

1) My cardiovascular fitness is drastically improved.
2) It’s great for recovery (especially after a grueling Squat Session) and joint health.
3) It’s helping my Strength ability: i feel harder and more stable when i Squat.
4) I always walk/hike with my girlfriend, so it’s a beautiful moment to talk and spend some time together.
5) It frees my mind: when i walk i don’t need television, social networks, music etc. I can concentrate on the present and it’s a beautiful sensation.
6) It helped me to discover the beauty of my country. I live in a place (north of Italy) near the Alpes, so full of gorgeus hills and mountains. When i walk i feel the connection with the Nature and i couldn’t be happier!
Last edited by Stefano on Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Stefano wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:48 pm Great post! I agree completely about the benefits and the beauty of Walking.

Right now, i’m building all my Conditioning around Walking/Hiking/Trekking, trying to do at least 2 Sessions/week (Strength Template is Operator I/A with extra sets: mass and strength are main goals for me at the moment).

I divided my Walking sessions into:

- Easy Walking for 5/10km, 45/60 min. total
- Hard Walking for 14/20km, 120/240 min. total. I do these sessions in hills/mountains.

The main benefits i experienced with regular Walking/Hiking/Trekking:

1) My cardiovascular fitness is drastically improved.
2) It’s great for recovery (especially after a grueling Squat Session) and joint health.
3) It’s helping my Strength ability: i feel harder and more stable when i Squat.
4) I always walk/hike with my girlfriend, so it’s a beautiful moment to talk and spend some time together.
5) It frees my mind: when i walk i don’t need television, social networks, music etc. I can concentrate on the present and it’s a beautiful sensation.
6) It helped me to discover the beauty of my country. I live in a place (north of Italy) near the Alpes, so full of gorgeus hills and mountains. When i walk i feel the connection with the Nature and i couldn’t be happier!
Stefano, I agree on all accounts!!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky