OMS Question for new guy, sorry to repeat.

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Crockett

OMS Question for new guy, sorry to repeat.

Post by Crockett »

Good Morning Everyone,

I wanted to ask a very humble question after reading TB and Mass Protocol, conditioning will be here today.

Operator:
KB specifically says use no more than 3 main lifts and fourth bodyweight...
I like the fact you get so much volume per week/per exercise using Operator, can I add OHP or Power Clean and Press?
Could power cleans be a subset in conditioning??

I could run Zulu, but again...I like the volume per week/per exercise for Operator.
Is it a terrible idea?

Mass Template:
Basically the same question, instead of Gladiator use MT with OHP or Power Clean/Press.
It all goes back to the Cumulative volume per week.
I've never tried three days per week using the same exercises but I'm game to try.

Goals are Operational in nature.

Thank you !!

TBPenguin

Re: OMS Question for new guy, sorry to repeat.

Post by TBPenguin »

Crocket, I would not use power cleans as conditioning, nor would I add a fourth barbell lift in either Operator or MT. What you could do in Operator is this https://www.tacticalbarbell.com/fobbits ... ng-part-i/. In either O or MT, you might be able to use power cleans as your warmup to DLs.

If you were looking to run Operator long term, blocks are short and you could simply change clusters from block to block. But if you are going to run OMS, that could be a long time on the SWAT cluster for some people. In that case, either use the solution above for the Operator period, or use MP instead of BP in the Operator period. In Specialization you can accommodate both.

Stick with what is proven to work. Especially when you have operational goals, don't chance a weaker result because you tried a non-proven approach.

Crockett

Re: OMS Question for new guy, sorry to repeat.

Post by Crockett »

I read the link and grabbed my TBII book, found Fobbits and noticed the OHP alternative.
That was great information, cant thank you enough.

Devil is in the details, and the system works.
I just need to stop overthinking and get on it.

Thanks again!