BB with Fighter for Operator

Post by DLKing2023 »

Goals: Strength Mainly including 1200lb club, currently sat about 1050

Purely recreational lifter, active job but that’s it

I’m looking at running base

I’m torn between BB MS first with Fighter and then SE or Fighter throughout

Or Operator with SE @ the end or Operator throughout

After running base I’m after running Zulu with 4 HICs

I’ve read that if you do Operator during BB and keep to minimal (30 mins) of E x 3 per week that during your continuation you do no Es and a max of 2 HICs

- does that mean running operator during BB is out the question and I should do Fighter

New to all it so thank you for any heads up or corrections to what I believe I’ve interpreted the books as

K.B.
Site Admin

Re: BB with Fighter for Operator

Post by K.B. »

DLKing2023 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:04 pm Goals: Strength Mainly including 1200lb club, currently sat about 1050

Purely recreational lifter, active job but that’s it

I’m looking at running base

I’m torn between BB MS first with Fighter and then SE or Fighter throughout

Or Operator with SE @ the end or Operator throughout

After running base I’m after running Zulu with 4 HICs

I’ve read that if you do Operator during BB and keep to minimal (30 mins) of E x 3 per week that during your continuation you do no Es and a max of 2 HICs

- does that mean running operator during BB is out the question and I should do Fighter

New to all it so thank you for any heads up or corrections to what I believe I’ve interpreted the books as
You're placing too much importance on what amounts to 4-5 weeks out of the year. What you do for the other 47-48 weeks is where it's at. Whether you lift 2 times, 3 times, or do SE, there won't be significant long-term impact on your primary goal - strength. The conditioning part of Base is where you will get your value.

That said in your case I recommend standard SE Base Building - for all the reasons I outlined in the book. An annual general physical preparation phase acts as a sort of deload from constant heavy lifting. Good for letting the connective tissue catch up, building the aerobic system, and laying the groundwork for harder/heavier lifting and conditioning.