Weekly HIC Discussion - Meat Eater II

MxS/SE/HIC/E
grouchyjarhead

Weekly HIC Discussion - Meat Eater II

Post by grouchyjarhead »

To fire up some interest and potentially get some extra input, I thought I'd try to post up about a HIC once a week and let people discuss it amongst themselves. Whether they like it or not, have they used it before, variations, progressions, success stories, etc.

This week, one of my personal favorites - Meat Eater II. I will put my own opinion below.

grouchyjarhead

Re: Weekly HIC Discussion - Meat Eater II

Post by grouchyjarhead »

One of my favorites especially of late, and has become one of my primary HICs. You can't go wrong with swings and burpees. As a caveat, I prefer the strict burpee style (actual push-up each rep, no jump) so your mileage may vary.

Progression ideas - Stick with the KB weight and burpee style until you can finish the session in under 20 minutes. Then bump up KB weight. Once you top out at your max KB weight (for me it's 28kg right now until I can buy a 32kg), use different burpee variations. Two pump burpees, three pump burpees, navy seals, etc. You can also use different KB movements if you have a lighter KB (snatches or squat cleans, for example).

I have not tried it yet but I have also thought of sandbag movements instead of swings - thrusters, clean and press, even sandbag burpees. Next cycle I will be exploring it more.

alottadav

Re: Weekly HIC Discussion - Meat Eater II

Post by alottadav »

May give that a shot.

I took 6 or so months off and applied some TB principles to KB only training. Did the “dry fighting weight” workout 3x a week and on HIC days did KB snatches and various cardio implements.

Just hopped on BLK OP PRO again. With FS WPU Clean Jerk. Didn’t feel the need to base build but running HIC1-10s.

Fast5 , hill sprints and a long LSD day.

May five this burpee KB a go as well to see