(Newbie) Base Building + Fighter Template Help

MxS/SE/HIC/E
calda

(Newbie) Base Building + Fighter Template Help

Post by calda »

Hi all !
It is my pleasure to be a new member of this amazing community, and I hope to be welcomed.
I have decided to do the Tactical barbell program after reading the 2 books - TB1 and TB2 (simple, detailed and amazing) and I can't thank enough on how these 2 books have helped me learn so much in so little time and realize the potential of reaching the optimal strength and conditioning without being complicated and vague.

Here is a little background about myself :

Sex : Male
Weight : 64 kg
Height : 164 cm
Food Intake : 130g - 150g Protein daily (haven't really calculated my total intake calories)
Goal : Fit all round + Add muscle + Strong + Aesthetic.
End Goal Result : Due to the lack of TB physique images, I have decided to compare it to the likes of (Crossfit / Gymnast) + the TB strength and conditioning.
Availability : 1-2 hours daily all week.
Location : Due to the condition here, outdoor is not an option. However I have full access to a well equipped gym + swimming pool

I am currently on my last 2 days of week 4 in Base building. Decided to do the kettlebell cluster (my favorite) and loving it so far.

My SE cluster have been as below :

Warm up : KB Halo : 8 KG
KB Swings : 16 kg (can up to 20kg but need rest in between)
30 sec rest
KB Deadlift : 16 kg (can up to 20kg but need rest in between)
30 sec rest
KB Goble Squat : 12 kg
30 sec rest
KB Renegade row : Week 1-2 (8kg) - Week 3-4 (12kg)
30 sec rest
KB Floor Press : 12 kg (can up to 16kg but need rest in between)
30 sec rest
KB Overhead press : 8 kg
Finisher : KB Russian twist : 12kg + Chair leg raises till failure (3 sets)

My E sessions ( 120-150 BPM) include :

For the first 3 weeks, I divided the time between the 3
Treadmill / Row / Cycle

But for week (4 - 5)
I decided to do (20 Min Treadmill / 20 Min Cycle / 10 Minute Row + 10 Min Skipping) for the 60 minute sessions
and
(40 Min Treadmill / 40 Min Cycle / 20 Minute Row + 20 Minute Skipping ) for the 120 minute session.

Recovery day : Swimming

As I am approaching the 6th week (MS + HIC) in 10 days time. I was a bit confused on how to design my program with the exercises below.

I was thinking of going with Fighter template for this. (MS + SE)
MS (Bench Press / Deadlift / Squat)
SE (KB Swings + KB Overhead Press or Face Pulls + Dips or Push ups + Pull ups + KB Renegade row + Chair Leg raises + Russian Twists)
Lastly
Plank and Shank as Finisher

And I need your advise whether it is a good idea to split the SE exercises into 2 days or cut the SE to 4 exercises and do it twice in a week.

Ex.
SE after MS (KB Swings + KB Overhead Press or Face Pulls + Dips or Push ups + Chair Leg Raises) x2
or
SE after MS (KB Swings + KB Overhead Press or Face Pulls + Dips or Push ups + Pull ups) Day 1
SE after MS (KB Renegade row + Chair Leg raises + Russian Twists) Day 2

Once I am done with the BB, I was thinking of continuing with Operator using the same MS and the same SE (with slight adjustments) until I reach Intermediate level of strength before I switch to ZULU.

I would like to thank you for putting your time in reading my post and any response would be helpful and much appreciated.

Cheers and peace !