Home Gym Equipment

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Tirofijo

Re: Home Gym Equipment

Post by Tirofijo »

lennarn wrote:Lovely plates Tirofijo!
Just to be clear, that's an image I grabbed from the internet. But mine look like that, or have milling in multiple directions, which looks even cooler.

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

http://imgur.com/a/Mswc9

Been a small build up over the last couple years

lennarn

Post by lennarn »

Ready for post-squat burgers!

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

http://imgur.com/a/80Z6l

I have added a few things since and the garage is no longer so tidy, but here is my setup.
New additions are another oly bar and 2x20 kg/2x10 kg bumper plates.
I also made a wooden storage thing for my weights and I had an old punching bag that I have owned for years.
The strap broke, but I will fix it. This bag was hanging at my parents for years and is like kicking cement.

I also have a 20 kg Weightvest that isn't shown. That thing is the best investment I ever made.

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

lennarn wrote:
Ready for post-squat burgers!
Haha. Thats right

Jefferson

Post by Jefferson »

Bought the following as a package deal and saved enough money to make it roughly equivalent with cheaper brands.

Rogue S2 squat stand
barbell
bumpers
collars
parralletes

Concept2 rower: Bought on amazon. Resale value too high to buy used.
Airdyne AD PRO (belt version): If you can get an older, good condition airdyne this is a place to save money. I found this on sale and had some credit card points laying around so bought new. Perfect for AM cardio to get the blood flowing and wake up. The best recovery tool for me is an epsom salt bath at night, then 30 minutes of AM cardio, followed by a cold shower.

Kettlebells: 16,24,32,40kg, bought these over a 5 year period. Buy used if available.
powerblock elite: sometimes can find these used. If so do that.
bench: used
iron plates: Buy used.

I could get away with less, but for less than the price of a gym quality treadmill, I have the tools of a world class training facility.

Things I'll eventually buy:

Safety squat bar (elitefts)
48kg kettlbell
65lb gorilla bumpers
wooden box
more iron plates
reverse hyper
landmine
half rack conversion

Norcoaster

Post by Norcoaster »

Jefferson - sounds like a nice set up, I don't have quite as much gear but I have made similar choices. I'm debating getting the reverse hyper, would be interested to hear what others experience with this has been.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Jefferson wrote:Bought the following as a package deal and saved enough money to make it roughly equivalent with cheaper brands.

Rogue S2 squat stand
barbell
bumpers
collars
parralletes

Concept2 rower: Bought on amazon. Resale value too high to buy used.
Airdyne AD PRO (belt version): If you can get an older, good condition airdyne this is a place to save money. I found this on sale and had some credit card points laying around so bought new. Perfect for AM cardio to get the blood flowing and wake up. The best recovery tool for me is an epsom salt bath at night, then 30 minutes of AM cardio, followed by a cold shower.

Kettlebells: 16,24,32,40kg, bought these over a 5 year period. Buy used if available.
powerblock elite: sometimes can find these used. If so do that.
bench: used
iron plates: Buy used.

I could get away with less, but for less than the price of a gym quality treadmill, I have the tools of a world class training facility.

Things I'll eventually buy:

Safety squat bar (elitefts)
48kg kettlbell
65lb gorilla bumpers
wooden box
more iron plates
reverse hyper
landmine
half rack conversion
You might not need HR conversion. I did that and I don't see too many benefits except I can use 2 sides of the rack due to increased stability and additional uprights. So, I BP on the one side (additional 3x3) and SQ on the original side. It let mt superset all the movements and sail through the cluster without changing the setup.

You can't really do too many exercises inside the HR addition. Rowing and DL from pins only. It's too narrow to feel comfortable with the benching.

I'd probably safe money for the short full rack if I was to do it again... Just me 2 pesos.

Also, I'd get 2 boxes if you want to setup seal rows which is the best rows I have done, imho.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky