Favorite Conditioning Session?

MxS/SE/HIC/E
nickgoldma

Re: Favorite Conditioning Session?

Post by nickgoldma »

Blackmetalbunny wrote:I tend to revert to GC6 or Meat Eater 2 by default. In addition, I also do a fair bit of HIIT on the Rowing Machine.

In addition, I also do EMOM KB Swings.
EMOM?
Get after it!

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

I typically just cycle through all of them. That being said, I like the Apex, Meat Eater, and BOO sessions. BOO II is probably one of my favorites. (Tangozero said one time that he has a love/hate relationship with burpees, and I'm inclined to agree with him!)

Regarding the GC sessions, I used to do Black Pro with 2 HIC and 1 E session per week. I have moved to E sessions every other week with a GC session on the alternate weeks. So far I like it, but I'm only 4 weeks into it.

Blackmetalbunny

Post by Blackmetalbunny »

nickgoldma wrote:
Blackmetalbunny wrote:I tend to revert to GC6 or Meat Eater 2 by default. In addition, I also do a fair bit of HIIT on the Rowing Machine.

In addition, I also do EMOM KB Swings.
EMOM?
Every Minute on the Minute.

Basically; you just pick a moderate-heavy KB; set a number of reps (10-30-ish), and set a timer for 1 minute intervals for X total minutes in a session. Every time the timer sounds, you have swing the KB for the set number of reps until the session is over.

The faster you swing it, the more time you have to rest. It forces you to maintain energy output throughout the session, otherwise, if you over-stretch at the start and gas out early on, your rest intervals get shorter and shorter.

jaizoll

Post by jaizoll »

Barkadion wrote:
jaizoll wrote:I really like Fobbit Intervals and Meat-Eater ii. As for GC sessions I try to use them once a week,usually I used GC 2 with horizontal rows instead of pullups. Beat Your Face is my favourite GC when I travel without KB. Sometimes I exchanged GC with other workouts (eg.from Rosstraining). My most painful GC was "GC 5" - I had such a terrible DOMS in arms/tris that I had to make an extra week off,couldn't handle even single pushup next day. Max pushups combined with max dips was too much for me,maybe I did sth wrong..
Looks like we like the same HICs.. What do you pick from Ross's conditioning? Magic50? ;)
I use Magic 50 very often (easy to perform even when my son is sleeping next door- silent workouts rule for family guys;)). Besides I use random workouts as GP from rosstraining's wod topic in forum.
As for TBii HIC I forgot to mention Power Intervals (I modify them sometimes and perform while running outdoors). They are convenient when there is no track/field nearby

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

jaizoll wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
jaizoll wrote:I really like Fobbit Intervals and Meat-Eater ii. As for GC sessions I try to use them once a week,usually I used GC 2 with horizontal rows instead of pullups. Beat Your Face is my favourite GC when I travel without KB. Sometimes I exchanged GC with other workouts (eg.from Rosstraining). My most painful GC was "GC 5" - I had such a terrible DOMS in arms/tris that I had to make an extra week off,couldn't handle even single pushup next day. Max pushups combined with max dips was too much for me,maybe I did sth wrong..
Looks like we like the same HICs.. What do you pick from Ross's conditioning? Magic50? ;)
I use Magic 50 very often (easy to perform even when my son is sleeping next door- silent workouts rule for family guys;)). Besides I use random workouts as GP from rosstraining's wod topic in forum.
As for TBii HIC I forgot to mention Power Intervals (I modify them sometimes and perform while running outdoors). They are convenient when there is no track/field nearby
Awesome! Only discomfort I have is the fact that the ceiling in my basement is kinda low. So, I need to aim to get between the studs when it comes to snatches and TGUs. Hence, my form is far from perfect. It feels like "Not too magic 50, really" sometimes :roll:
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

I have a lot fun with "Outside the Wire" from the GC section of TB2. Sometimes I put in 100 push-ups in addition to the 50 pull-ups to balance things a bit, but I don't wear the weight vest for the calisthenics.

Moz69

Post by Moz69 »

Find the hills pretty intensive I've not worked up to APEX yet and anything with burpees. I do feel I should throw some track work in to build my speed up before focusing back on the hills, thinking long term now probably for the first time in my life (training wise) thanks to TB
An old Scottish friend once said to me "A queer bird the fish" I never bloody knew what he meant.

Ten8

Post by Ten8 »

Apex has really taken my conditioning game to the next level. Can't say it's my favorite, but probably the most effective. Far as faves go, I really enjoy 600M resets and nasty nasty Fobbitses (said in my best Smeagol voice).