Favorite Conditioning Session?

MxS/SE/HIC/E
nickgoldma

Favorite Conditioning Session?

Post by nickgoldma »

So what is everybody's favorite conditioning session? I really enjoy running Meat Eater, or Apex Hills.

Also, does anybody utilize the GC (General Conditioning) workouts in their programs? Considering trying some for sure!
Get after it!

Barkadion

Re: Favorite Conditioning Session?

Post by Barkadion »

Meat Eater 2 is my favorite so far. I do Airbaike indoor intervals as well and I hate it :D

I'm doing abbreviated version of GC 10 for my easy weeks substituting Jog for Airbike. Like it as well. I am planning to beat my face eventually.. ;)
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

jaizoll

Post by jaizoll »

I really like Fobbit Intervals and Meat-Eater ii. As for GC sessions I try to use them once a week,usually I used GC 2 with horizontal rows instead of pullups. Beat Your Face is my favourite GC when I travel without KB. Sometimes I exchanged GC with other workouts (eg.from Rosstraining). My most painful GC was "GC 5" - I had such a terrible DOMS in arms/tris that I had to make an extra week off,couldn't handle even single pushup next day. Max pushups combined with max dips was too much for me,maybe I did sth wrong..

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

jaizoll wrote:I really like Fobbit Intervals and Meat-Eater ii. As for GC sessions I try to use them once a week,usually I used GC 2 with horizontal rows instead of pullups. Beat Your Face is my favourite GC when I travel without KB. Sometimes I exchanged GC with other workouts (eg.from Rosstraining). My most painful GC was "GC 5" - I had such a terrible DOMS in arms/tris that I had to make an extra week off,couldn't handle even single pushup next day. Max pushups combined with max dips was too much for me,maybe I did sth wrong..
Looks like we like the same HICs.. What do you pick from Ross's conditioning? Magic50? ;)
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

NathanC77

Post by NathanC77 »

My favorite session on days I'm not feeling motivated is Short Hills. The difficult part is over before it starts to get too painful, and ever since finishing basebuilding I have zero problem recovering between intervals. I try and do standard issue hills and 600m resets as much as possible, since I'll probably get more benefit from them in the long run, but short hills is a nice go to on tougher days. GC 3 aka Brig Rat is my favorite of the HICs, for no particular reason other than I like doing dips.

Geidi

Post by Geidi »

I think you're going to get a lot of "Apex" answers. I love Apex, but I'm really beginning to appreciate Fobbit intervals more and more.

I find the combo of either skipping or low intensity treadmill jogging + Kettlebell swings super convenient. Convenience and ease of access + awesome workout + win.

Don't get me wrong, I love Apex, but it's not always the most convenient session for me to do.

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

My go to are Fobbit Intervals, but I change the exercise periodically. I'll do Barbell push presses and swings or swings and ring pullups sometimes.

WallBilly

Post by WallBilly »

Apex and standard hills, and like Nathan said, short hills when pressed for time, tired, or lazy.

Will need to adjust when the snow flies. There's a minimum of 5 months of snow cover where I live, so we'll open up the playbook.

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

Tym87 wrote:My go to are Fobbit Intervals, but I change the exercise periodically. I'll do Barbell push presses and swings or swings and ring pullups sometimes.
I'll have to try that.
Get after it!

Blackmetalbunny

Post by Blackmetalbunny »

I tend to revert to GC6 or Meat Eater 2 by default. In addition, I also do a fair bit of HIIT on the Rowing Machine.

In addition, I also do EMOM KB Swings.