Couple questions about TB

MxS/SE/HIC/E
cws1992

Couple questions about TB

Post by cws1992 »

1) If I were to run an Operator cluster of SQ/BP/Pendlay Rows/Deadlift and threw in BW Pullups for my 4th exercise how many reps and sets would I do for the BW pullups?

2) I was also considering Fighter template, but in the book the percentages do not increase like Operator. Weeks 1-3 are 70%, 80%, 90% and Weeks 4-6 are the same. Is there a reason it isn't like Operator where as Weeks 1-3 are 70%,80%,90% and Weeks 4-6 75%,85%,95%?

Geidi

Re: Couple questions about TB

Post by Geidi »

What edition of the book do you have? Which deadlift set-up are you going with?

The pull-up question is answered in the book, it depends on how many reps you can do. If less than ten then you calculate your total number of reps using the percentages of total number.

Personally I'd go with Fighter Bangkok, leave pullups in your SE cluster (A) and use the 1 X week DL option. That way you get to fit everything in very comfortably.

cws1992

Post by cws1992 »

Geidi wrote:What edition of the book do you have? Which deadlift set-up are you going with?

The pull-up question is answered in the book, it depends on how many reps you can do. If less than ten then you calculate your total number of reps using the percentages of total number.

Personally I'd go with Fighter Bangkok, leave pullups in your SE cluster (A) and use the 1 X week DL option. That way you get to fit everything in very comfortably.
i have the newest version of the books, and I was planning on deadlifting 1X a week. As for pullups, I can do 10 BW.

Geidi

Post by Geidi »

cws1992 wrote:
Geidi wrote:What edition of the book do you have? Which deadlift set-up are you going with?

i have the newest version of the books, and I was planning on deadlifting 1X a week. As for pullups, I can do 10 BW.
For pullups you can calculate them using the percentage of your total reps. So 70% weeks = 7 pullups. As far as 70/75% thing with Fighter, I could be wrong but I believe that Fighter I/A has that option.

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

I'd agree with Geidi that Fighter Bangkok would be the best solution for your needs. It'd help a lot with the pull ups and you could fit the deadlifts in place of the rows on day 3.

Saracen

Post by Saracen »

I posted this earlier on the Reddit sub regarding why Fighter doesn't hit the 95% range, might be helpful:

You're thinking about this like someone coming from a power-lifting or strength-training-only background.

If you're choosing Fighter template then it stands to reason strength is slightly lower on your list of training priorities. It's usually the choice of athletes involved in rigorous conditioning or skills-based training protocols. Like Boxers, MMA, triathlon. If you're this kind of athlete, then there really isn't a need to spend time in the 95% range when it comes to maximal strength training.