No squat rack

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Emanname

No squat rack

Post by Emanname »

Is it possible to do this program without a squat rack or gym?
If someone works out at home with dumbbells a bench and pullup bar can this program still work for them like Ross Enamaits Never Gymless or Infinite Intensity?

Are there modifications or templates as I understand them, that someone can use with TB1 the strength one?

Thanks

DocOctagon

Re: No squat rack

Post by DocOctagon »

Emanname wrote:Is it possible to do this program without a squat rack or gym?
If someone works out at home with dumbbells a bench and pullup bar can this program still work for them like Ross Enamaits Never Gymless or Infinite Intensity?

Are there modifications or templates as I understand them, that someone can use with TB1 the strength one?

Thanks
So you have a barbell and plates though? Then yes absolutely. The strength program consists of recommended exercise clusters, like BP/SQ/DL, MP/Front Squat/Weighted Pull-ups, or even weighted bodyweight movements like Pistols/Push-ups/Pull-ups. Ultimately you can create your own cluster if need be. As long as you can work your legs with an exercise you can load incrementally, it doesn't matter what exercise you choose. Some people don't squat at all, and just do minimalist templates like DL/BP/WPU.

NFARCH

Post by NFARCH »

Emanname wrote:Is it possible to do this program without a squat rack or gym?

Thanks
You'll need a barbell and plates (not a squat rack) to do the maximum-strength training portions of the program properly.

For everything else (Endurance/HIC/Strength-Endurance) you'll be fine with what you have.

Caleddin

Post by Caleddin »

I have no squat rack, which is partly why I do zerchers. You can always find a way to adapt, I think.

Tyr0331

Post by Tyr0331 »

Could power clean the bar up into front squats. Might be tough when you max out of if you're front squatting a ridiculous amount of weight

KS-90

Post by KS-90 »

I ran a block of fighter and a block of operator using Bench/WPU/Deadlifts when squatting was bugging my hip. If I was in a position without a rack Id run it again.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

If I had no rack I'd just put the barbell on some boxes and choose front squats instead of back squats. I'd make sure you're doing a training max instead of a true max as well. Seems simple enough.

lennarn

Post by lennarn »

If I didn't have a rack I'd do belt squats.