Footwear

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Mindboozer

Footwear

Post by Mindboozer »

Hey guys I wanted to see what everyone is wearing on their feet for their TB workouts.

I've been wearing the same pair of runners for my BB block, but the shoes are reaching the end of their life. I'm looking replacing them with a couple different pairs of shoes since running shoes really suck to lift in. I'm leaning towards a pair of good running shoes for E and some Chuck Taylors for lifting (not sure how well they'll do with the HIC though).

What are you guys wearing for the different workouts (E, HIC, MS, etc)?

J-Madd

Re: Footwear

Post by J-Madd »

I wear a regular pair of running shoes for HIC and E (though I'm experimenting with a pair of "barefoot" shoes). I wear Adidas powerlifting shoes for all my lifting, but DL and swings, for which I wear wrestling shoes or "barefoot" running shoes.

Aurelius_86

Post by Aurelius_86 »

I've been lifting and running in Chucks for a while now and have found them to be more than adequate for both (may not be recommended for everyone though). I'm a big fan of minimalist footwear and will probably shift over to some Minimus for dual use once my Chucks kick the bucket.

close_fox

Post by close_fox »

I have done most of my TB work in Merrell trail running shoes. Zero drop. Cushioning is minimal and firm. Just enough to run, but doesn't interfere with lifting. Good for lifting and most HICs. Designed for machine wash to boot (gentle cycle + air dry).

I use Nike Pegasus for road LSS and track HIC. I would use the Merrells for LSS if I had a dirt or gravel trail near my house. I have done road LSS with the Merrells, and my legs did not fall off. Not ideal, though.

(Edit) Rucking boots: Scarpa Kailash or Rocky S2V.
Last edited by close_fox on Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You oughta know not to stand by the window. Somebody see you up there." Talking Heads. "Life During Wartime." Fear of Music, Sire, 1979.

PeterHealey

Post by PeterHealey »

For lifting I have used barefoot or an old pair of weightlifting shoes my buddy gave me. For my HICs which are mostly fast 5, apex hills, track stuff and for LSS I use Hoka. I went the minimalist route for a couple years when I was solely long distance ultra running and I think for me it caused too many injuries over the long haul. Hoka is almost the opposite of the minimalist movement with LOTS of cushion. I found a tremendous benefit to the cushioning. I may not need these for HICs but they are all I have as far as a running shoe. Just my 2 cents/pennies worth.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

I do all of my lifting barefoot (and I can do that because I have a home gym). I'm toying with the idea of buying some weightlifting shoes for squats in particular. For my HIC and E sessions, I run in low-drop (usually 0-4mm) running shoes with varying amounts of cushion. I am usually rotating 3 pairs of running shoes just to have different stressors and feel on my feet and legs. Right now, I am running in Skechers Go Run 3 (4mm drop), New Balance Vazee Pace (4mm drop), and Nike Lunar Tempo (8mm drop). The Skechers are about to drop out of the rotation, and I'm bringing in some Merrell Bare Access Ultras (0mm drop).

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Nike Romaleos for SQ and Bench
Barefooted for DL (and HIC sometimes)
Altra One 2.5 ZeroDrop for running and HIC
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Caleddin

Post by Caleddin »

I have run in Saucony Kinvara for quite a while, and have really liked them. Not a minimalist shoe per se, but they do call them "neutral". 4mm drop.

Train_Hard_Live_Easy

Post by Train_Hard_Live_Easy »

Was a vibram wearer for a number of years [4+]....... then came away.

Chucks for Strength Days [Have been known to lift shoeless at times as well]
Nike Free - General Wear at The Training Centre and for Work Capacity sessions.
If I am not going to be at The Training Centre over and beyond my training session, then I pull on my old trustee New Balance Minimus shoes from a number of years ago..... love the feel of these for the training session. [Work Capacity sessions]
Saucony Peregrine 2 - Trail Running [Over the years, I have found this to be the best shoe I've worn for trails.]
Have a great one

Steve
Train Hard, Live Easy.
"What was hard to do, is sweet to remember" Seneca.

Jefferson

Post by Jefferson »

Lifting: Oly shoes. Foot is super stable and can easily go ass to ankle and use a narrow stance. Wish I purchased these sooner.

Running: Earth runners (under 5 miles). Helps me strengthen feet, and counteract my aggressive climbing shoes. Over 5 miles or on concrete I use Nike free.

HIC/SE: Vans old Skool. Flat flexible sole, comfortable, light, and cheap. Also deadlift in these if my feet are cold.