After 40 club

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Barkadion

Re: After 40 club

Post by Barkadion »

godjira1 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:11 pm This is actually a basic tenet of TB that I have discarded - I do ZERO HIC. A light mobility session goes much further in terms of aiding the rest of my training program (the MS, E, BJJ). Something worth tinkering with.
This is very interesting.. Can you please elaborate a little? Thank you.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

godjira1

Post by godjira1 »

So, right now I am in the tail end of a 10 week E centric block. The week has been structured broadly this way:

M - Bench Press (531 FSL), Pullups 10xEMOM. A relaxed 5k jog in the evening.
T - SQ (531 FSL), KB Swings. Mobility Work for 15min (whatever I feel needs attention. For me usually shoulders gets a bit more time.
W - Another E session. Alt weeks is a faster run (1.5m, 5k, 10k, etc).
T - REST
F - I do my long run (10-20k depending) after dinner.
S - BJJ (this is sometimes HIC-ish if the right crowd shows up)
S - REST/MOBILITY DAY - I chill by the pool and just do v relaxed yoga-ish stuff.

So yeah, basically I find HIC hard to fit in, I don’t really feel I want to do it and it compromises the rest of my week in terms of recovery.
It ain't what you don’t know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain’t so.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

godjira1 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:26 pm So, right now I am in the tail end of a 10 week E centric block. The week has been structured broadly this way:

M - Bench Press (531 FSL), Pullups 10xEMOM. A relaxed 5k jog in the evening.
T - SQ (531 FSL), KB Swings. Mobility Work for 15min (whatever I feel needs attention. For me usually shoulders gets a bit more time.
W - Another E session. Alt weeks is a faster run (1.5m, 5k, 10k, etc).
T - REST
F - I do my long run (10-20k depending) after dinner.
S - BJJ (this is sometimes HIC-ish if the right crowd shows up)
S - REST/MOBILITY DAY - I chill by the pool and just do v relaxed yoga-ish stuff.

So yeah, basically I find HIC hard to fit in, I don’t really feel I want to do it and it compromises the rest of my week in terms of recovery.
Thank you!! This is something I will be thinking about..

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Kabuki CEO Rudy totals 1234.5lbs at 72 years young and wins Best Lifter at USPA Nationals

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRb_dLTA5kS/

TBPenguin

Post by TBPenguin »

Barkadion wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:18 pm Kabuki CEO Rudy totals 1234.5lbs at 72 years young and wins Best Lifter at USPA Nationals

Bark, you might need to move up a weight class, but you've got time. You can do this!

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

TBPenguin wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:35 pm
Barkadion wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:18 pm Kabuki CEO Rudy totals 1234.5lbs at 72 years young and wins Best Lifter at USPA Nationals

Bark, you might need to move up a weight class, but you've got time. You can do this!
:lol:
Roger that!

TBPenguin

Post by TBPenguin »

A reminder to the Club - see the table: https://peterattiamd.com/why-do-we-lose ... -with-age/

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

TBPenguin wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:40 pm A reminder to the Club - see the table: https://peterattiamd.com/why-do-we-lose ... -with-age/
8-)

Adski

Post by Adski »

Working amongst a bunch of 40+ y/o, just my observation, there’s many that still perform 1-3 HIC style sessions a week, it depends on what the rest of their training entails however. Most that strength train 2-3 times a week may do one to two HICs while others that have little interest in strength work typically get away with more HIC training. MAS training in terms is of recovery seems to work well with almost any age bracket, depending on how it’s programmed. For those that still actively compete in sports that want some form of HIC that feel may have slowed recovery, MAS training could be a viable option. The same could be said for shorter “sprint” work on non impact cardio machines such as an Airbike or even hill sprints to a degree.
This being said everyone should listen to their bodies and structure their programming accordingly, even with specific goals in mind.
Just thought I would add my 2c after reading some of the recent comments.

TBPenguin

Post by TBPenguin »

Adski wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:26 pm Working amongst a bunch of 40+ y/o, just my observation, there’s many that still perform 1-3 HIC style sessions a week, it depends on what the rest of their training entails however. Most that strength train 2-3 times a week may do one to two HICs while others that have little interest in strength work typically get away with more HIC training. MAS training in terms is of recovery seems to work well with almost any age bracket, depending on how it’s programmed. For those that still actively compete in sports that want some form of HIC that feel may have slowed recovery, MAS training could be a viable option. The same could be said for shorter “sprint” work on non impact cardio machines such as an Airbike or even hill sprints to a degree.
This being said everyone should listen to their bodies and structure their programming accordingly, even with specific goals in mind.
Just thought I would add my 2c after reading some of the recent comments.
That's worth at least 3c! I think you are right, too. The main thing for me is duration (or number of repeats) on these.