Your opinion please

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Gerryatric

Your opinion please

Post by Gerryatric »

I am just a couple of weeks into Maxrips unconventional base building and loving the kettlebell training . It got me thinking about HIC conditioning for when I move on . I would like the opinion of the hive mind on doing the following
Sledgehammer tire bashing
Bear hug sandbag squats
KB swings
Burpees
All for 45 secs work with 15 secs rest keeping at it till my forms goes or I blow chunks :D . I enjoy this kind of stuff but would like to know where it would fit in and what I should do for my other session
Thanks folks

Just realised this should have went into Conditioning mods please feel free to move it

J-Madd

Re: Your opinion please

Post by J-Madd »

I would probably file that fine drill under "General Conditioning." A good way to go with it would be be to do that drill once each week, and then have 1-2 other running based conditioning sessions too. I would want to put it on a day that is not directly prior to a lifting session, so your week might look like this (if you are are using Operator):

Day 1: Max Strength
Day 2: Conditioning (HIC or LSS)
Day 3: Max Strength
Day 4: Conditioning (HIC) or Off
Day 5: Max Strength
Day 6: GC
Day 7: Off

Don't be bashful about playing the "Off Card" on Day 4.

Gerryatric

Post by Gerryatric »

Thanks mate I will update when I get to the point of trying this . There is something quite appealing about swinging a sledgehammer :D

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Gerryatric wrote:Thanks mate I will update when I get to the point of trying this . There is something quite appealing about swinging a sledgehammer :D
Just keep it off your toes! :o

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

Yeah, I agree with J-Madd. That would def be a GC session. You could also alternate GC one week and E the week after, etc. if thats something you're into, too.
Get after it!

Gerryatric

Post by Gerryatric »

J-Madd wrote:
Gerryatric wrote:Thanks mate I will update when I get to the point of trying this . There is something quite appealing about swinging a sledgehammer :D
Just keep it off your toes! :o
Lol having seen the result of sledgehammer versus shin bone I'm Mr Careful