ZULU format

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Onebunk

ZULU format

Post by Onebunk »

I am going to be starting ZULU in about a month, I just started Base Building. Is it a big deal if I do my 4 days consecutively? We work 4 on/3 off and I use the gym at work. I'd rather not go in on my off days so it would look like:
Day 1 (TUE): Zulu A: HIC
Day 2 (WED):Zulu B
Day 3 (THUR): Zulu A
Day 4 (FRI): Zulu B; HIC
Day 5 (SAT): Recovery
Day 6 (SUN): LSS
Day 7: (MON) Rest

Thanks

J-Madd

Re: ZULU format

Post by J-Madd »

I don't think it's a big deal, especially if that is what works best for your schedule. If I were in your shoes, I would only DL on the second B day of the week, that way you don't need to SQ and DL on consecutive days.

WallBilly

Post by WallBilly »

Give it a shot, should be fine.

If you are toast by Friday, you could delay the 2nd HIC until Saturday, which might take some of the pressure off.

Onebunk

Post by Onebunk »

J-Madd wrote:I don't think it's a big deal, especially if that is what works best for your schedule. If I were in your shoes, I would only DL on the second B day of the week, that way you don't need to SQ and DL on consecutive days.

Thanks, that's kinda what I was thinking.

Onebunk

Post by Onebunk »

WallBilly wrote:Give it a shot, should be fine.

If you are toast by Friday, you could delay the 2nd HIC until Saturday, which might take some of the pressure off.
That's a good idea, I get kinda restless on the weekends anyhow.

TBPenguin

Post by TBPenguin »

I ran Zulu last year when my work schedule sometimes forced three or four consecutive days. I did not find it a problem. If you only DL once as others have suggested (make it last in the week) then day 2 will be really easy if you don't replace it. Even if you replace it with farmer's walks or a row, it isn't bad. Anyway that's been my experience.