Don't Overlook Triples

MxS/SE/HIC/E
DocOctagon

Don't Overlook Triples

Post by DocOctagon »

Guys, Triples are absolutely fabulous for getting in your E work in a sport specific way. I don't hear much chatter about them. If you're a fighter-- use them! This one works well for us:

Jump Rope x 5
Battle Ropes x 10
Run x 10
Shadow Box x 5
x 1 - 2 rounds

Simple. Effective. Good to switch it up with LSS runs once in a while so your legs don't feel flat in the ring when you spar.

Train_Hard_Live_Easy

Re: Don't Overlook Triples

Post by Train_Hard_Live_Easy »

Something I found as an awesome way to get a 45 minute aerobic session in without becoming bored was descending ladder alternating pieces of kit.

Equipment used: Rower / AD6 / Skipping Rope
Protocol: 5 mins / 4 / 3 / 2 / 1 minute.
Do 5 on each pice of kit, straight into 4 mins on each etc until you've done 1 minute of each. No rest between stations or between times. Work to a heart rate or 'feel'.

Unless there's a reason for 45 minute work on one piece of kit, this gave me 45 min of cardio work without becoming a brain frying monotonous trudge on a rower or AD....no need for Netflix.....

Working this time protocol between just 2 pieces of kit would give you 30 minutes work; 4 pieces would result in 60 mins of work without becoming bored out of your head. Get some good tunes going and you're laughing. 8-)
Have a great one

Steve
Train Hard, Live Easy.
"What was hard to do, is sweet to remember" Seneca.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Thank you. I have been thinking to give it a try. My basement ceiling is too low for rope skipping. So, I have been thinking of doing something like:

- Airbike/Step-ups/Shadow boxing - 10min each. 2 Cycles.

Something like that.

BTW, my wife is pretty sure that cleaning whole house non-stop with carrying HR monitor will give you nice LSS workout. :lol:
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

A lot of great ideas, here!

As for battle ropes, where's a good spot to purchase or order from? I use them at jiu jitsu for our conditioning sessions but I'd like to purchase some at some point.
Get after it!

Aelian

Post by Aelian »

nickgoldma wrote:A lot of great ideas, here!

As for battle ropes, where's a good spot to purchase or order from? I use them at jiu jitsu for our conditioning sessions but I'd like to purchase some at some point.
Onnit's got a wide selection ranging from $25 to $200+.

Couldn't agree more on the triples Doc. Here's one that barely feels like work for me:

Leisurely cycle to pool - 10 minutes
Easy laps - 10-20 minutes
Cycle back home - 10 minutes
Optional - drop the bike off and go for a 10 minute jog

The time flies and I love the variety.