Minimalist SE Cluster

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Barkadion

Minimalist SE Cluster

Post by Barkadion »

Has anyone done Minimalist Cluster for SE?

There is one in the book that consists of KB Swings and Goblet Squats. Have you guys done the cluster or something similar to it with just a couple of exercises? How did it work for you?

I am thinking of finishing my current BB with 3 weeks of Alpha SE and I might need to take my shoulder out of picture (thank you weighted dips :lol: ).

Thanks!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

supernova

Re: Minimalist SE Cluster

Post by supernova »

I used dumbbell swings, goblet squat, pushups and situps for my SE cluster. I actually liked this cluster even though it got challenging with higher reps. I'm a complete novice to all this, but me personally I found incorporating the aforementioned exercises did a good job of targeting different areas of my body. Not sure how much you want to limit the usage of your shoulder, but kb swings and goblet squats didn't cause much stress on the shoulders. I'd suggest giving it a shot if you're leaning towards this cluster.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

supernova wrote:I used dumbbell swings, goblet squat, pushups and situps for my SE cluster. I actually liked this cluster even though it got challenging with higher reps. I'm a complete novice to all this, but me personally I found incorporating the aforementioned exercises did a good job of targeting different areas of my body. Not sure how much you want to limit the usage of your shoulder, but kb swings and goblet squats didn't cause much stress on the shoulders. I'd suggest giving it a shot if you're leaning towards this cluster.
Thank you!

TangoZero

Post by TangoZero »

Barkadion wrote:Has anyone done Minimalist Cluster for SE?

There is one in the book that consists of KB Swings and Goblet Squats. Have you guys done the cluster or something similar to it with just a couple of exercises? How did it work for you?

I am thinking of finishing my current BB with 3 weeks of Alpha SE and I might need to take my shoulder out of picture (thank you weighted dips :lol: ).

Thanks!
Bark, I've never gone truly minimalist (2 exercises) but I do find 4 to be my sweet spot these days.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

TangoZero wrote:

Thanks!
Bark, I've never gone truly minimalist (2 exercises) but I do find 4 to be my sweet spot these days.
Thank you! Would you mind to share it?

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

I'm considering doing the Ageless Athlete Tango BB this time around with just 4. I'm considering Crunches, Push Ups, Pullups, and Squats. The pullups will suck but suck less than A or B circuits with pullups

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Tym87 wrote:I'm considering doing the Ageless Athlete Tango BB this time around with just 4. I'm considering Crunches, Push Ups, Pullups, and Squats. The pullups will suck but suck less than A or B circuits with pullups
Thank you. I agree. Pull ups can be humble experience :)
Good luck with the tango!

I'm taking easier path this time with BB. Probably Alpha. And most likely unilateral movements. The second possessibility is completely minimalist cluster. Will see.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

When I do incentive training (my EMOM version) I typically keep it to a cluster of 4. I've even considered a block of IT using just burpees but I need to save it for when I am not "in season" for anything.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

grouchyjarhead wrote:When I do incentive training (my EMOM version) I typically keep it to a cluster of 4. I've even considered a block of IT using just burpees but I need to save it for when I am not "in season" for anything.
Thank you Grouchy.

It seems that "4" is magic number accepted my most of the people. I will give it a try!

What would your burpee cluster look like?

TangoZero

Post by TangoZero »

Barkadion wrote:
TangoZero wrote:

Thanks!
Thank you! Would you mind to share it?
I don't stick to any one cluster every single time but it's usually a mix of kettlebell and bodyweight. This was the last one I used:

swings/push-ups/goblet squats/chins

The swings and chins or pull-ups are a constant. Swings are a match made in heaven for SE imo.
I use Alpha circuits. Prefer the lower rep higher frequency approach. Plus that lets me use chins and pull-ups in my cluster.