Awesome new training watch/HR monitor/GPS

MxS/SE/HIC/E
travman

Re: Awesome new training watch/HR monitor/GPS

Post by travman »

godjira1 wrote:
travman wrote:I have a relatively Garmin Vivoactive HR I like it a lot and use it on my runs. The only bad thing is I can't use the watch for repeats.
i use a garmin forerunner 935. I create artificial repeats using this method -
create workout
set a time for estimated repeat + rest (so I use 4mins for say, a 1:30 400m with 2:30 rest).
i set the number of repeats

It's probably not the best way to do this but it should be available on the vivoactive as well.
Thank you! I will give this a shot today!

WallBilly

Post by WallBilly »

I thought I talked about, this earlier but evidently not. As far as "repeats" that people have been discussing.

One of my favorite HIC's in the warm weather is to find a mountain biking or hiking trail in the woods and do the following:

5 minute warm-up.

Balls-out sprinting for 1 minute.

Jog for 90 seconds to 2 minutes.

Repeat sprint/jog for 10 reps.

5 minute cool down.

Most modern sports watches can handle this, and so can the Polar 430. You build the workout on their website that stores all your data and download it to the watch as a "favorite". You can select target heart rate zones if you want, and it will pester you with a beep and vibration if you are too low or high. It beeps and vibrates when it is time for the interval to end and it displays a countdown clock (along with HR) for each interval.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

WallBilly wrote:I thought I talked about, this earlier but evidently not. As far as "repeats" that people have been discussing.

One of my favorite HIC's in the warm weather is to find a mountain biking or hiking trail in the woods and do the following:

5 minute warm-up.

Balls-out sprinting for 1 minute.

Jog for 90 seconds to 2 minutes.

Repeat sprint/jog for 10 reps.

5 minute cool down.

Most modern sports watches can handle this, and so can the Polar 430. You build the workout on their website that stores all your data and download it to the watch as a "favorite". You can select target heart rate zones if you want, and it will pester you with a beep and vibration if you are too low or high. It beeps and vibrates when it is time for the interval to end and it displays a countdown clock (along with HR) for each interval.
That is good! I do all my runs in the dark mostly (4:30-5AM). Having sound signal programmmed can help a lot! Hopefully, my BB will start at the end of June. I hope 430 will be helper!!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky