Accessory lifts

MxS/SE/HIC/E
xfitxm

Accessory lifts

Post by xfitxm »

Is the rules of 2 minutes still valid for accessory lift or if I want more hypertrophy I can go lower? Since I go higher reps and smaller muscle groups I assumed that I can rest less than 2 minutes.

Also does anybody use accessory lift and how many?

Svenjolly

Re: Accessory lifts

Post by Svenjolly »

You train your accessory lifts for your goal, you don't need to stick to the 2 minute rule. Although recent discussion and newer studies suggest longer RIs are better for hypertrophy too. Read the "Over 40" thread.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

I don't simply for time's sake. I do about 30 second rest with my accessories. I also try to superset them 2 at a time if I can.

However, I do follow the TB principle of no failure when it comes to accessories.

xfitxm

Post by xfitxm »

Green2Blue wrote:I don't simply for time's sake. I do about 30 second rest with my accessories. I also try to superset them 2 at a time if I can.

However, I do follow the TB principle of no failure when it comes to accessories.
That's what I do too. I was just checking hehe.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

The beauty of accessories is that it is accessories :D

So, go by your feelings. Give all your love to compounds and throw whatever is left into the additions/finishers. That's how I've been treating those little guys.

My best personal experience is super-sets with 1min RI between clusters of 2.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky