Is this SE cluster too much for me?

MxS/SE/HIC/E
ivan178

Is this SE cluster too much for me?

Post by ivan178 »

Hello!
I'm 23 188cm 78kg, aiming for joining police/army.
Started my 2nd BB and changed a bit the SE.

I'm doing ALPHA SE. 3x10(mon-wed-fri) 3x20 .... 3x30

·Pull ups (with band) ---->required on PFT
·Sit-ups---->required on PFT
·Push ups (not wide ones, the closed ones, cause are the ones we gonna do on PFT) ----> required on PFT
·OHP (empty bar)
·Romanian deadlift (empty bar)
---------------------------------------------
And when I'm done with all the circuit, I do as a finisher before going home 1' of plank/shank.
I did this week the 3x20, and struggled a bit, but felt really great when finished. But I'm a bit worried cause maybe I'm doing too much upperbody and not too much leg work... (I'm going to physio tomorrow, cause I have an surgery on my ACL knee, so I'm not doing any squat, now just the romanian deadlift, and when I start protocol, will do deadlift instead of squat)

Should I ditch OHP, which is the upper body exercise which I don't need on PFT? I add OHP on the SE cause is the exercise I do on continuation (weighted pull ups, OHP and deadlift/squat) Or it's okay the way is it now.
Thanks!

Ten8

Re: Is this SE cluster too much for me?

Post by Ten8 »

ivan178 wrote:Hello!

·Push ups (not wide ones, the closed ones, cause are the ones we gonna do on PFT) ----> required on PFT
·OHP (empty bar)
And when I'm done with all the circuit, I do as a finisher before going home 1' of plank/shank.
I did this week the 3x20, and struggled a bit, but felt really great when finished. But I'm a bit worried cause maybe I'm doing too much upperbody and not too much leg work... (I'm going to physio tomorrow, cause I have an surgery on my ACL knee, so I'm not doing any squat, now just the romanian deadlift, and when I start protocol, will do deadlift instead of squat)

Should I ditch OHP, which is the upper body exercise which I don't need on PFT? I add OHP on the SE cause is the exercise I do on continuation (weighted pull ups, OHP and deadlift/squat) Or it's okay the way is it now.
Thanks!
No one can say what's enough or not enough for you except you. That being said, having both OHP and push-ups in the cluster is a little redundant. I would swap out OHP for kettlebell swings or air squats or something.

In all honesty, if it was me I'd get rid of OHP and RDLS and just do kb swings instead. KB swings will cover off your posterior chain, shoulder resiliency, and give you some additional conditioning to top it all off.

Tyr0331

Re: Is this SE cluster too much for me?

Post by Tyr0331 »

ivan178 wrote:Hello!

·OHP (empty bar)

Thanks!
There's a lot going in this post. First off good luck on your surgery. Focus on proper recovery especially if you are joining the army. You will need a solid chassis. Not sure what you meant by police/army. Just haven't decided yet? Either way I would follow the advice from Ten8. KB swings will be your best friend when rehabbing a lower body injury so get familiar with those. Good luck