Incorporating Fighter(Bangkok) with Green Protocol?

MxS/SE/HIC/E
ARLOG2017

Incorporating Fighter(Bangkok) with Green Protocol?

Post by ARLOG2017 »

Hey All,

I recently finished up BB and after a one week detour due to APFT, I am ready to get back into the gym. My focus for the next few months is on improving Endurance, SE, and MS as I have a half marathon, and a 10 mile trail run, coming up in the next two months. The level of endurance I currently enjoy has got me to the point where I can complete both events at the middle-rear of the pack, so I am looking to switch over to Fighter(Bangkok) with Green Protocol to improve a little bit more.

As I refreshed myself on TB II, I noticed that weeks 7-9 for Green Protocol are SE based. Since I am incorporating SE into my program weekly, does it make sense to complete Weeks 7-9? If I incorporate 1 HIC and 2 Es the conditioning protocol looks similar to Black Pro (which isn't necessarily bad, but I don't want to set a program that doesn't meet my goals). Does anyone have any experience with incorporating Fighter(Bangkok) with Green? How did you do it?

-J
First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.”
― Epictetus

nickgoldma

Re: Incorporating Fighter(Bangkok) with Green Protocol?

Post by nickgoldma »

I've found it's pretty easy to set that up. Something like:

Sunday-Off
Monday-Fighter
Tuesday-E
Wednesday-Fighter
Thursday-E or Rest
Friday-Bangkok/SE (Alpha circuits, etc)
Saturday-E

or another idea I found on a thread when incorporating SE:

Sunday-Off
Monday-Fighter+SE
Tuesday-E
Wednesday- Fighter+SE
Thursday-E or Rest
Friday-E or SE (Maybe both?)
Saturday-E

Something like that. Not sure what your recovery is like so your milage may vary but there is a couple options right there to come across. With the SE on the Max Strength days, maybe just do a couple of exercises and then have a longer circuit on Friday. Or just stick to two days with three exercises.

For an example-Say your cluster was Push Ups, Sit Ups, Pull Ups, KB Swings, Goblet Squats, Burpees

Monday could be- Push Ups, Sit Ups, Goblet Squats
Wednesday could be- Pull Ups, KB Swings, Burpees or whatever SE cluster you choose.
Get after it!

Maxrip13

Re: Incorporating Fighter(Bangkok) with Green Protocol?

Post by Maxrip13 »

Another option is to just sub in a fun run. It's a good way to tick your SE and E together in one session.

If endurance is your goal then you shouldn't be doing to many HIC's.
Remember that green doesn't mean LSS. You can push the sessions into a higher heart rate
With these harder E sessions you don't really need to hit HIC often. A hard 10-20km run while have that covered.