Deadlift 235 3x5

Pull ups 22 13 11 11 11 1:15 planks

Day 4

Interval Run 35 min 4.3 miles
Minimal Pull-ups

Day 5

LSS 1 hour 10 min. ~7.6-8miles
Pull-ups 22 13 11 11 11 1:25 planks

So the last few days have been busy. Mainly because I'm dragging ass in the morning and staying up a little late. This is what I've been doing the last few days. Light weights for MS, form is feeling good. As far as running, today I kinda botched the tracking. Forgot to start the app roughly 5 min into the run so I wasn't able to get an exact number of how many miles I logged in. I will say that after the run, which was my longest duration so far, I was tired. I have some ideas for the remainder of this block as far as running is concerned, going to try and get some research in on programming.

Tomorrow is day 6, MS, followed by a drill weekend. It'll be minimal sleep and I can already assume not a lot of calories. Not sure what PT will look like on Sunday but I can imagine a some sort of running.
1/7

CelticFrost91

Re: Steve's Training Log

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Green Week 4 Day 6

Bench 145 5x5
Squat 195 5x5
OHP 95 5x5
Pull-ups 22 13 11 11 11 with 1:25 planks

Green Week 5 Day 1
LSS 1 hour 7 miles
Pull-ups 20 13 11 11 11
Ended up getting very little sleep and very little food over drill and decided to give myself the night off after I got back home. My body needed the recovery more than a run. I'm not gonna do a full week review. Biggest thing I'm changing is bumping down the pull-ups a bit so I can do Recon Ron six or five days of the week. I've noticed that my pull-ups have been slowly going down. I'm going to bump up the frequency. Not too worried though because usually during SE my pull-ups tend to go up.

Today's run felt a little bad. I'm going to say it's because of drill. I ate about one meal a day and I can imagine that my body is hurting for those calories.
1/7

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Green Week 5 Day 2
Bench 155 5x5
Squat 205 5x5
Deadlift 245 3x5

Green Week 5 Day 3
LSS 1 hour 7.8 miles (14.8/24.1 miles)
Pull-ups 20 13 11 11 11

Pretty good run yesterday, much better than the first run of the week. Did my pull-ups after work, didn't do the planks though. I've been slacking on planks this week, definitely gonna something to keep an eye on. Everything else has been solid though, diet has been great this week.
1/7

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Green Week 5 Day 4

Bench 155 5x5
Squat 205 5x5
OHP 1005x5
Pull-ups 20 13 11 11 11
Plank progressions

Today was an easy day in the gym. I noticed that I felt stiff during my squats until the last two sets. Benching was fine and was a great opportunity to focus on my form. OHP felt much better than the last time I tried this weight. Even though it is relatively light, my core felt solid throughout the movement. I haven't done pull-ups yet because I am going to do them after work.

Today my diet was a bit shit. I let my discipline slide at work and ate some junk food and some nasty hotdogs that I probably shouldn't have eaten. The past few weeks have been flying at Mach Jesus so I just need to keep my goals in check. Things should be slowing down as I transition from work to school.

Tomorrow morning I'll be doing my HIC, a timed 3 mile run. I try to choose the most flat route possible, but there are still slopes so it's not the most accurate when it relates to the PFT. That being said, it'll be a good indicator of where I stand.
1/7

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Green Week 5 Day 5
HIC Fast 5 20:40 3 miles???

I was really looking forward to today's workout because I wanted to see how fast my 3 mile had gotten. I use an app to track my run time, distance, and pace and it reads me that info every 5 min. and every mile. Well, at the 5 min. marker I got the update, "Pace 0 min. Distance 0 miles." My app was glitching out on me and not tracking my distance or pace. Pissed off, I continued and finished where I assume 3 miles was at. The route I chose was one I normally run for my 3 mile, however, I decided to modify it slightly because of the many slopes on the trail. So really my 3 mile could be anywhere in between 20:40-22:00. I'll have to wait another week to find out. Other than the app fuck up, the run felt pretty good. I felt fast and light and noticed I was reaching certain milestones faster than my previous 3 mile.

Tomorrow is Day 6 and I'm either gonna do a ruck run or a fun run, we'll see.

And as far as the app goes, it's called Run Keeper. I tried trouble shooting it and found that it couldn't track my distance or pace. Reset the phone and opened the app and it went straight to a run that was somehow over a million minutes in with 0 miles. Needless to say, I'm done with Run Keeper and I'm looking for a new running app.
1/7

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Green Week 5 Day 6

Ruck Run 45min 4.2 miles 45 lbs
Pull-ups 20 13 11 11 11

Went for the ruck run today. Pretty nice to change things up and run with some weight. Finished the run with a 1 mile cool down hike back to my apartment.

---------
Pretty decent week. I did slack off on the planks though. I think I should look into other core exercises because it's usually the monotony of them that gets to me.

I also have my PFT with the OSO in about a week. In preparation I'm gonna do SE style pull-ups because my pull-ups tend to go up once I start SE. So pretty much 3x35, 3x45, and 3x50 with a rest day for pull-ups in between. Everything else will remain the same.
1/7

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Green Week 6 Day 1

LSS 1 hour 5 min 7.5 miles
Plank progressions 1 min
115 sit-ups 2 min

So pretty sloppy run today. Didn't feel right and felt sluggish throughout. It was definitely a mental game but I pushed past.

I'm going to be modifying some of my runs to reflect OCS. I might test them out on my LSS sessions during the remainder of the week. SE will be starting next week and once this block is over I'll probably have my modified "OCS Bangkok" all set up. It's going to be more SE before I actually hit SE. So it won't be as intense but I'm going to incorporate push/pull/press, flutterkicks, more fun runs reflecting Fartleks. Shouldn't interfere with MS but if it does I'll obviously tone it down or back off.

Tomorrow is MS. Have a ruck run with the OSO at the end of the week and then my PFT next week.
1/7

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Green Week 6 Day 2
Bench 175 3x5
Squat 225 3x5
Deadlift 275 3x1
Pullups 3x30 with 2:00 crunches in between

Green Week 6 Day 3
Fartlek Run 45 min. 5.4 miles with bodyweight exercises every half mile

This was a great run today. Felt quick as hell and ready to tackle every station that I had in mind. I ran at a pretty fast pace in between sets and didn't give myself any rest after or before a station. Definitely incorporating this into my program. Also, the pullups from yesterday was a good idea. I think Recon Ron may have been too much but doing pullups "SE style" feels better. We'll see come Monday.

Received some very sad news that a buddy I served in Afghan with had passed away today. I was pretty upset when I heard the news and am still somewhat in shock. It was very different from losing a friend in combat and I did not see it coming at all. Tomorrow I am going to be keeping him in mind during my workout. It's Marines like him that I'll be a reflection of when/if I get to OCS. There are a lot of ways to mourn and I believe the best way is to apply their impacts on my life in a positive way and hope it spreads to others.
1/7

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Green Week 6 Day 4
Bench 175 5x3
Squat 225 5x3
OHP 110 5x3
Pullups 3x35 with 2 min. crunches

Felt pretty good. Bench felt much better than it did last time. Squat still felt super easy and OHP felt pretty damn good. Last time I'll be doing MS for a little while as I head into SE. I think I am going to bump up the weights for the next block. 10 pounds for Squat and DL, 5 pounds for OHP and either 10 or 5 for bench. I am going to test my bench for 185, but we'll see.
1/7

B71

Post by B71 »

CelticFrost91 wrote:Received some very sad news that a buddy I served in Afghan with had passed away today.
Sorry to hear that, Steve. I hope you're doing ok.

Brian