Back to Base (ic)

Seabassius

Re: Back to Base (ic)

Post by Seabassius »

Been away from logging my workouts for a while, but have completed a base building phase and now moving on to Operator-ish. Saying "ish" because not sure I'll be able to get strength in 3X a week in which case I'll switch to Fighter.

Will try and stick to this for the next few months and do another base build around March, or switch to Green. My endurance is still not where I would like it.

Lost about 10lbs and managed to keep it off so far. So BB helped move that along, although most of it was diet.

My weeks will not be calendar based due to scheduling and I may want more time for rest depending on how I feel.

10/16
Strength
3 x 5 reps
Squat - 115
BP - 115
Assist Push up - 35lbs
Finished with some 3x10 single leg calf raises pausing at the top, 3x planks for 30 secs, and cat/camel, spine rotation, and bird dogs mainly for some re/pre hab work.

Not sure on my max's but the Squat and BP should be pretty close to a training max. Pull ups with that assist felt heavy. I may scale back the pull ups. I can usually do two without assist, so at 204lbs x2 reps my max should be around 215, which means my 70% should have had the assist at 55lbs.

Seabassius

Post by Seabassius »

Oct 17
AM: Bike (to work)
12 Miles, 1:07
922 elevation gain
Avg HR 136
Felt pretty good.

PM: Bike (home)
12 miles
472 elevation gain
Avg HR 127

Felt like getting some fresh air and won't be able to bike in as the temps start dropping in CO (won't want to is more like it). Looking at doing strength tomorrow, some Yoga and maybe a recovery swim Thursday, and then strength on Friday. Traveling for an industry conference to Vegas starting Saturday. Hoping to stay somewhat disciplined, but trapped in a hotel for a week so might switch up to some body weight depending on the quality of the hotel gym and a lot of swimming.

Seabassius

Post by Seabassius »

Oct 18
Strength
BP 115 4 X 5 reps
Squats 115 4 x 5 reps
Chin Ups 3 x 5

Finish with 2 iterations and no rest of:
30 sec planks
Bird dogs
dead bug legs

Overall felt pretty good. Going to alternate pull ups and chin ups every other session.

Seabassius

Post by Seabassius »

Quick gym day
Squat 115 3x5 superset with pull-ups 35lb assist 3x5
Bench 115 3x5
Planks 30 sec superset with dead bug legs 2x10

Seabassius

Post by Seabassius »

Took a break from my conference to find the hotel gym. If you're ever at the Venetian in Las Vegas, I'm a fan of their gym (by hotel standards) although for a place with something like 10 pools I wish one was a lap pool.

Strength 80% of training max
BP @135lbs 4X5 reps
Squats 135@1 4X5 reps
Chin Ups @25lbs assisted, think I'm up about 5 times, so this was tough 2sets of 5 and then 1 set of 4
3x 45 second planks

Overall felt very strong on the bench press. Squat felt very strong until the last rep of the last set and then it got a little heavy but easily doable. Different kind of pull up assist machine and I think the assist weight is different, especially when I pulled the pin out and the assis brace sunk to the ground (calibration anyone?). Need to figure out some HIC for tomorrow, but back is a little tight so maybe I'll be doing sprints down the strip. Wondering if being out of Colorado elevation helped on the easiness factor today?

Seabassius

Post by Seabassius »

Oct 23
HIC
Treadmill sprints
18 Min, walk 1:15 at setting of 3.5, run 1 min at setting of 7.5
Followed by 4x 10 reps of burpees. 1 min break in between

Thinking I'll take a active rest day tomorrow and lift again on Wednesday.

Seabassius

Post by Seabassius »

Oct 24
Decided to lift again. Family meeting me on Thursday mid-morning, so thinking through the schedule, it makes sense to take Fri & Sat as rest and just play with the fam and get an E in tomorrow and Strength on Thursday morning before their flight lands.

SQ 5X4 sets @135 80%
BP 5X4 sets @135 80%
Pull Ups 5X3 sets @ 40lbs assist

Assist on this machine is significantly different than one at gym back home. Walking around this conference has me averaging 15K+ steps a day, so there's that too. Feeling some nerve pain in right outer thigh when I'm on my feet for long time though.

Seabassius

Post by Seabassius »

Oct 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 Rest
Ended up scheduling a deep tissue massage on the 24th and then family arrived and no time to work out.

Oct 29th
E
Tennis Doubles, 1.5 hours

Oct 30th
Strength
SQ - 155lbs 5x3 sets
BP - 155lbs 5x3 sets
Pull-ups 5x3 sets, 20lbs assist

Finished with 2 rounds of 1 min planks, leg curls x5 80lbs, and TRX Ys x10

Weights definitely felt like what 90% probably should feel like. Having some plantar fasciitis in left heal after tennis on Sunday. Was planning on camping in Great Sand Dunes Wednesday night but might push that a week. Hope to get some HIC in today before the Kindergarten halloween party.

Seabassius

Post by Seabassius »

Oct 31
Unplanned rest day. Spent the day getting the Boo-ze Bike ready for halloween.
IMG_1640 (1).jpg
IMG_1640 (1).jpg (48.93 KiB) Viewed 1284 times
Nov 1
Strength
SQ 155 5x4 reps
BP 155 5x4 reps
PU 20lbs assist 5x4 reps (last rep of the 4th set was technically a .85 rep)

Finished with 2x 1 minute planks and then 1 mile of sprint 110 yds, walk 110 yds (1/16th indoor track).

Also took the dog on 4 mile walk this morning. Tomorrow plan is for a little bit of a ruck and think i'm going to start ROMWOD. Tired of being so stiff in the calves and thoracic spine area. I'll try anything to get that to abate, especially in the morning.

Seabassius

Post by Seabassius »

Nov 2nd & 3rd - slacked

Nov 4th
Strength
SQ - 155lbs 4 x 5 (Sets x reps)
BP - 155lbs 4 x 5
Pull Ups 20lbs assist 4 x 5

Dragging today, so did the minimum and went and watched some BJJ and martial arts practice. Strong itch to sign up.