Wolke's Training Log Ageless Athlete

awolke4

Re: Wolke's Training Log Ageless Athlete

Post by awolke4 »

J-Madd wrote:
awolke4 wrote:Lssx30

I'm really f****** excited about my run today. Yesterday I ran for 10 min straight hitting .7 miles in 12 min but today I did that in 9 min. My pace when I started was 20 min/mile and today my pace was 14:30.

This is awesome for someone who could not even run across the street because my knees would hurt. I got 2 miles in 28 minutes. Today I ran for 9 minutes straight at a faster pace without meaning too and only took 5 minutes in TOTALfor walking.

Today was awesome.
Excellent Wolke!!!!! This is superb. Keep putting that work in. Remember that now is a dangerous time -- don't overdo it. Just stay the course!
Would you recommend doing base building twice in a row or just move on to a more endurance focused continuation?

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

awolke4 wrote:
J-Madd wrote:
awolke4 wrote:Lssx30

I'm really f****** excited about my run today. Yesterday I ran for 10 min straight hitting .7 miles in 12 min but today I did that in 9 min. My pace when I started was 20 min/mile and today my pace was 14:30.

This is awesome for someone who could not even run across the street because my knees would hurt. I got 2 miles in 28 minutes. Today I ran for 9 minutes straight at a faster pace without meaning too and only took 5 minutes in TOTALfor walking.

Today was awesome.
Excellent Wolke!!!!! This is superb. Keep putting that work in. Remember that now is a dangerous time -- don't overdo it. Just stay the course!
Would you recommend doing base building twice in a row or just move on to a more endurance focused continuation?
I wouldn't do a complete repeat of BB back-to-back. If you want more results from it, you can extended out to twelve weeks. Probably, however, you do better to move on to continuation with an endurance focus (as you mention).

awolke4

Post by awolke4 »

Lssx30

Yesterday I cut back on my running volume since I pushed the last two times. I ran for 12 minutes straight, walked for 5-6 minutes then ran when my body felt good and walked when it did not. My goal was just to keep moving.

My choices for tango circuits were beating my knees so I had to skip the last tango and reevaluate my choices.

I'm really enjoying this program so far even if it's uncomfortable for me. Made it through two weeks.

awolke4

Post by awolke4 »

LSSx30

Today's run felt awful for the front of my shins. BUT my hips did not hurt, nor did my knees. I have been pushing too hard (even though it does not feel like it) so I am backing off the volume of running. Meaning, I am running slower and trying to be able to talk while running.

I am not logging the Tango Circuits, I am just getting the movements in unless it is hurting.

awolke4

Post by awolke4 »

Week 3 Tango circuits

I hurt my ankle/foot on my last run. So I was forced to sit out the last run but I am good now. I bruised my foot with a misstep but it's healed now.

My new pace is to make myself look like Forrest Gump when he ran across the country. Effortless.

Down to 243 if I stay away from salt and sugar. When I have too much of either I bloat to 246.

travman

Post by travman »

awolke4 wrote:Thanks j-madd! What can I say I'm super creative.
It's not much better than my name, it works. Glad to see you have a log on here!

awolke4

Post by awolke4 »

LSS x30

My wife and I decided to try something different than running since my ankle/foot was still sore. We tried biking for the 30 minutes. We did not realize how many hills are in our area there were until we tried biking. It was terrible and we were not ready for it.

Back to running tomorrow.

awolke4

Post by awolke4 »

travman wrote:
It's not much better than my name, it works. Glad to see you have a log on here!

Thanks, man...I mean Travman.

It has been helpful so far!

travman

Post by travman »

awolke4 wrote:
travman wrote:

Thanks, man...I mean Travman.

It has been helpful so far!
Have pages on my iCloud for my weights and my runs on my Garmin connect help out.

FYI, the Garmin HR has helped me a lot with my runs

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Great progress, Wolke!