Stefano’s Log

Stefano

Re: Stefano’s Log

Post by Stefano »

godjira1 wrote:Good luck! I struggled a lot with sumo deadlifts when I started as well, I couldn’t get a weight 20kg lighter than my normal deadlift max to even move off the floor!

But I just added a bit more warmup sets and a few singles after the workset (at the same weight) and I got a lot more comfortable with it after about 3 months.
Thanks a lot!!! I had your same impressions: it’s a very technical lift, i’m really focusing on knee and hip position...

If I can ask you: Did you follow an Operator template with Deadlift as main lift? How many sets did you normally do in your weeks? Right now, i’m planning to do the minimum 3 and maybe drop the reps...multiple sets of 5 are a bit taxing (maybe triples in 75% and 80% weeks and doubles in 85% and 90% days)

godjira1

Post by godjira1 »

with deadlifts, i tend to only do 1 top set, 1x per week. If it is say, 80pct x 5, maybe i will do 70pct x 5, 75pct x 5 as ramp up sets. I find it hard to psyche myself to do sets-across for deadlifts, and I prefer to enjoy my training haha.

on the other day, usually I will do some heavy swings as an accessory or just do pullups.
It ain't what you don’t know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain’t so.

Stefano

Post by Stefano »

What a great day! A friend of mine phoned me today telling me that he saw two Squat stands in a market of used items...I run to bought them :)

They are rusty, they are dirty...but the most important things is that they are sturdy (they can handle over 250kg) and take up a very limited space so they fit perfectly in my flat!

I can resume my normal Operator I/A cluster and my cycle before the job change with:

Back Squat
Incline Bench Press
Weighted Chin Ups

Session 4@80%

BSQ 3x5 104kg
BP 5x5 61kg
WCU 5x5 BW+8kg

It was only two weeks but I missed my Squat, good workout!

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Stefano wrote:What a great day! A friend of mine phoned me today telling me that he saw two Squat stands in a market of used items...I run to bought them :)

They are rusty, they are dirty...but the most important things is that they are sturdy (they can handle over 250kg) and take up a very limited space so they fit perfectly in my flat!

I can resume my normal Operator I/A cluster and my cycle before the job change with:

Back Squat
Incline Bench Press
Weighted Chin Ups

Session 4@80%

BSQ 3x5 104kg
BP 5x5 61kg
WCU 5x5 BW+8kg

Lifting at home is soooooooooo cool! Cheers!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Stefano

Post by Stefano »

Barkadion wrote:
Stefano wrote:What a great day! A friend of mine phoned me today telling me that he saw two Squat stands in a market of used items...I run to bought them :)

Back Squat
Incline Bench Press
Weighted Chin Ups

Session 4@80%

BSQ 3x5 104kg
BP 5x5 61kg
WCU 5x5 BW+8kg

Yes!!! And you can imagine the satisfaction of lifting with rusty and old equipment! :D

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Stefano wrote:
Barkadion wrote:

Back Squat
Incline Bench Press
Weighted Chin Ups

Session 4@80%

BSQ 3x5 104kg
BP 5x5 61kg
WCU 5x5 BW+8kg

Yes!!! And you can imagine the satisfaction of lifting with rusty and old equipment! :D
I can! ;)
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Stefano

Post by Stefano »

Session 5@80%

BSQ 4x5 104kg
BP 5x5 61kg
WCU 5x5 BW+8kg

Stefano

Post by Stefano »

Yesterday

HIC Session
GC6 + 4km walking

Today

Session 6@80%

BSQ 3x5 104kg
BP 5x5 61kg
WCU 5x5 BW+8kg

Stefano

Post by Stefano »

Session 7@85%

BSQ 4x3 110kg
BP 6x3 65kg
WCU 6x3 BW+13kg

Stefano

Post by Stefano »

Yesterday

HIC Session

Burpees/Mountain Climbers
20 sec. on/10 sec. off x8

Brief but intense...because i’m focusing on Strength above all, i’ll stick with only this short HIC session 2 times a week

Today

Session 8@85%

BSQ 4x3 110kg
BP 6x3 65kg
WCU 6x3 BW+13kg