Lean, Mean, Desk Jockey Machine

Seabassius

Lean, Mean, Desk Jockey Machine

Post by Seabassius »

I haven't posted in a while, ooks like the forum has dwindled some.

Started doing self guided precision nutrition beginning of this year, which I learned about in TB2 or 3 and it had a prescribed work out routine. I'd been following it pretty well but then life got in the way and as the workouts progressed it became a little to varied and I didn't feel like I was making much gain on that front. I do like their habits based approach and will fiinish out the program, but really liked TB so coming back to it for the work out portion.

Started Base Build on Monday of this week.

6/4
ME (everything X10)
KB Swings
Push Ups
TRX Row
Skater Lunge
Medicine Ball Chop, 1 Leg
TRX Ripper Overhead Chops
Ab Wheel Rollouts

Struggling with a neck injury from doing pullups on a beam from kids wooden swing set and I think the ab wheel aggravated it. Might adjust these a little.

6/5
35 min run/walk

6/6
30 min run/walk

I like to write these down somewhere.

Barkadion

Re: Lean, Mean, Desk Jockey Machine

Post by Barkadion »

Neck issues related to pull-ups sounds familiar to me. As well as aggravating it with AWRO.

My best way to fix it is self massage and deep breathing into upper back with stretching the area.
And
“Double chin” cue for the technique of the movements.

Good luck with BB!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Seabassius

Post by Seabassius »

6/7
ME circuit x10 each, 3 sets
KB Swings
Goblet squat w/ KB
Pushups
TRX Row
1 Leg OH Medicine ball chop
Band resisted side walk
V Ups

Went up to the mountains for a little vacation with the kids. Rode the bikes to dinner down in town, 30 min each way, easy to moderate pace.

6/8
Recovery, still on vacation
45 min walk

Seabassius

Post by Seabassius »

6/9
Recovery again.
Still on vacation. 2 1/2 hour slow hike around a lake with the kids. 20lb pack to keep it somewhat interesting. Lot's of stops. Our 1 1/2 year old golden just learned she could swim so she had to be in the water all the time.

6/10
E Session
Hike up Steamboat mountain for 45 min before needed to turn around to spend time with family.
A little less than three miles and 1,000' elevatin gain. 1 hour and 25 min total.
Was not able to stay in my zone, which Maffetone estimates to be below 135. I was averaging around 150 for the entire way up.

Added bonus to our condo is my watch said I've averaged 25 flights of stairs a day.

Seabassius

Post by Seabassius »

6/11
Rest Day

6/12
ME
3x20
Swings
Goblet Squat
Push Ups
TRX Rows
Med Ball OH Chops, 1 leg
Banded side walks
V Ups

6/13
Run Walk
34 Min, .5 miles longer than the last 34 minute run walk. Progress.

Seabassius

Post by Seabassius »

6/14
Run/Walk 36:38

Struggle to get out of bed this morning and felt pretty stiff, but managed to get the shoes on and get out the door. My watch has some fancy dance little measurement that tells me my fitness condition and this morning it told me it was improving. First time it hasn't said Poor in a while. Got love it when your tech is beatin' you down.

Seabassius

Post by Seabassius »

6/15
Needed a rest day. A little PT do my neck. Looks like my posture is wrecking having on everythin around it in the chain.

6/16
Musc End
3x20
KB Swings 35lbs
KB Goblet Squats 35lbs
Push ups
TRX Rows
1L OH med ball chop 10lbs
Banded side walk
V Ups

6/17
45 min run walk

Seabassius

Post by Seabassius »

6/17 - 6/20
Zilch, nada, nothing

Never got to the workout I planned for 6/17, so last 4 days were missed. Traveling in SF and too many late nights entertaining and working from the hotel room. Food was relatively under control.

6/21
Run/Walk 29 minutes
Back from trip and feeling a head cold coming on mixed with allergies made this a pretty tough run, but I wanted to get something in after putting up a goose egg those last few days. Tomorrow I'll shoot for starting week 2 of musc end and just approached this waved instead of strict weekly regimen.

Seabassius

Post by Seabassius »

6/22
Sinus infection in full force.
Biked up to get the kids from summer camp. 30 min ride relatively flat. 5 miles total. 80lbs on the back of the bike on the way home. HR stayed around 120.

Seabassius

Post by Seabassius »

6/23 - 6/26
Took some recovery time. Infection moved into my lungs. Did some PT during this time for neck and shoulders (I, Y, T, Ws, cable pulls, and farmers carries) but not enough to really call a workout.

6/27
Treadmill run 31 min
avg hr 130
Felt pretty good but was getting a bit winded toward the end and bored. Think I'm 85% fully recovered.