Aiwacht training

Aiwacht

Aiwacht training

Post by Aiwacht »

Starting stats: 51, male, 161# @ 5' 10". I have 21-year training history with barbells, kettlebells, long-distance running, and biking but I am super weak and deconditioned after almost two years out with injuries & then hernia repair surgery. Also, I am very interested to see how the E sessions will work as I have been keto for almost a year, and am currently doing TKD using Ketogains macros. Keto helped me easily drop 30 pounds and maintain at this weight, and my health is overall vastly better than before. So far so good! I've been loosely 'paleoid' (in other words, I use the methods but am not a spazz about it nor do I really buy the 'this is how everyone ate forever' arguments. Unless you are eating a lot of bugs, it's not paleo!) since 2009.

Starting up a little odd, as I am in what is really a pre-base building phase while I sort out how the old injuries are & clear them before trying to load them up much. Currently weak enough that I can train max strength work with my kettlebells & bodyweight, so I am doing that.

I have three weeks before I head to the South, during which time I will deload. Starting Operator with a cluster of OHP, Bent Row, and Goblet Squat + pushups. Conditioning is my version of a walk-to-run program, 30 minutes out & back on the gravel roads & hills around my house, plus an hour+ bike ride once a week. Once I can actually move enough to keep things aerobic, I'll move into a BB block. Intend to be doing a 3 weeks/deload/3 weeks/deload schedule as I find more than that pretty well jacks me up these days.

Started today with strength + E, but I'll be logging weekly from here on out for my own sanity and ease of review.

Barkadion

Re: Aiwacht training

Post by Barkadion »

Have a great training with TB!

Cheers!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Aiwacht

Post by Aiwacht »

Week 1, 11-17 June 2018

Posting early as I know what else is coming, which is just an hour on the bike tomorrow- (this ended up to be a 40-minute walk due to heavy rain). OP loading and ton of walking, with a few jogs here and there to test the water. KBs are totally within an 'easy' range and finding the groove again. Today (day 5) did a 4th set, felt solid. With the KBs, rounding down keeps what would be my 70% & 80% weeks with the same bell, steeping up a size for 90%. So the intention is to up the sets if viable on the 80% weeks. Everything feels good, stopping while feeling pretty fresh. Found a source for used iron, so I'll do that when needed. Intending to progress VERY slowly for the summer to feel things out.

Day 1: 3x5 26#OHP, 44#BOR, 35#GS, pushups 3x11, walk 45min
Day 2: walk 45min
Day 3: 3x5 26#OHP, 44#BOR, 35#GS, pushups 3x11, walk 45min
Day 4: walk 45min
Day 5: 4x5 26#OHP, 44#BOR, 35#GS, pushups 4x11, walk 45min
Day 6: Ride 60min
Day 7: Rest

Aiwacht

Post by Aiwacht »

I hit the park this evening on my rest day and decided to not-quite-rest. Managed a set four clean neutral grip pull ups and 8 short-range straight bar dips. Never tried to dips before, so that was cool. Body mechanics on that one are fairly whack! Pleased with the pull-ups, which I think are a couple months of TRX rows + weight loss enabled. I'll take it.

Aiwacht

Post by Aiwacht »

Week 2, pre-base build.
Monday: 5x5 26#OHP, 44#BOR, 35#GS, pushups 5x13.
Tuesday: walk/jog 50min
Wednesday: 5x5 26#OHP, 44#BOR, 35#GS, pushups 4x13
Thursday: walk/jog 35min, much easier on the jogs
Friday: 5x5 26#OHP, 44#BOR, 35#GS, pushups 5x13, 4 way neck-orange, red
Saturday: Ride 30min, chins 3,3,4,4, bar dips 5,5,6,6 —>>really good today! Also met the falcon who nests near the pull up bars!
Sunday: walk/jog 53m, 35# swings 5x10