Re: Mike D's training log

Post by Mike D »

Week 1: day 4: Rx. SE 2X20
My cluster:
KB snatch-20lb Kb
TRX chest press
TRX rows
KB goblet squats-20lb Kb

Gave compress RI a try today and was able to go through all exercises without a rest between each one but kept a 2 minute rest between cycles. Ended the workout with a few minutes of foam rolling. Quads really sore from prior SE workout and my attempt at LSS runs. Overall I feel better than I expected. Now for some lunch!

Mike D

Post by Mike D »

Week 1 Day 6: Rx LSS for 60 min.

Use the same route as my other LSS days wifi which is a 2.92 mile loop around my neighborhood. Two days ago the loop took me 59:29, today I made the loop in 54:37. I was able to do a little bit more running today. The weird thing was that yesterday was a rest day and I really felt like getting out to do a run. I never have ever wanted to just go for a run for shits and giggles. Maybe the first inkling of building a habit, made me feel good kind of.
AAR for the first week: I really suck at running, the SE I feel during the workout but not long after I kind of feel that I need to do more work. I think overall week one was a success!! It's a learning process.

Mike D

Post by Mike D »

Day 1 week 2: Rx SE 3x30

Today I switched up the exercise cluster from last week. Thought I would try to GTG of the work I will be doing during MS work,
Cluster:
Dumbbell bench press-: 20lb Db's
One arm rows-20lb Db's
Goblet squat-20lb Db's

Kept the RI between exercises minimal ~ < 1 minute
Rest between cycles 2 minutes

I should prob go up a bit on the weight was not close to failure during any set or exercise cycle.

Also after reading Grouchyjarhead's log I saw that he made ref. to ROM WOD, checked it out and will Be adding this daily. Looks like something I could really use. Thanks to Grouchyjarhead for posting the info!!