MrAnchorArms Training Log

MrAnchorArms

MrAnchorArms Training Log

Post by MrAnchorArms »

Hey everyone! I stumbled upon TB when my wife shared a reddit link with me that was all about tried and true workout programs. I picked TB due to what the overall goal is to be fit, conditioned, and strong. For the last seven years I have done mostly bodybuilding type workouts (hypertrophy) and a lot of HIIT training. In the last year or so I have plateaued significantly my BB stopped at 315lb, SQ at 425lb, and DL at 485 at age 25. I was giving up a lot of cardio and other conditioning exercises to reach those maximums. This resulted in me being the heaviest I have ever been 210lb (5ft 10in height). I can barely now do a mile run under 9 min, when seven years a go I could do 2 miles in 12 min.

I recently suffered from a neck injury while lifting which has put me into recovery for almost a month now. Having not worked out in a month and really thinking about what I want from the gym and what works more with my hobbies (hunting, fishing, backpacking/hiking). I felt TB was perfect it fits perfectly with my hobbies which may result in carrying down a elk, deer, any other big game animal down the mountain or wading in the mud of duck marshes with decoys and a gun on my back. These activities require you to be strong, but not just strong, but be conditioned.

I will be beginning with the BLOCK 1 - BASE BUILDING STANDARD on Monday 7/23

WEEK 1

1 - BODYWEIGHT CLUSTER 3X20
2 - LSS (RUN) X 30M
3 - LSS (CYCLE) X 30M
4 - BARBELL CLUSTER 2X20
5 - RECOVERY (STRETCH or SHOOT)
6 - RUCK (20LB) STAIRMASTER X 40-60M
7 - REST (SHOOT)

With being on the mend I felt starting with the conditioning before going in to OPERATOR + BLACK would be better for me in the long run. I do have a upcoming Deer and Elk bow hunt which starts in August. I know that I'll only be in the BLOCK for about three-four weeks, but regardless I think I feel well enough and recovered enough to start this Monday.

I will try to update daily if I can. If not I will update the log on my REST day.

MrAnchorArms

Re: MrAnchorArms Training Log

Post by MrAnchorArms »

After meeting with my doctor he advised me to take an additional week off. So now that the week has passed I’ll be starting my first building block week today. Really looking forward to working out again!

Barkadion

Re: MrAnchorArms Training Log

Post by Barkadion »

Welcome to TB universe. Good luck with your journey!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky